When you travel to Armenia, you will go through quite a bit of planning. However, one of the first things you need to deal with is the visa. That is if you are not visa exempt. Even so, Armenia made some changes to its visa policy recently, and those changes include an electronic visa system. Consequently, you may be able to get an Armenia visa online. iVisa can make that happen with very little effort on your part. You should read the information below to learn more about the Armenia e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of El Salvador eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of El Salvador have access to an Armenia e-visa.
What are the requirements for an Armenia e-visa?
When you decide to apply online for an Armenia visa, the first thing on your to-do list is to make sure that you have everything necessary for the application process. However, as you will see, the list is rather short, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you have to make sure that the travel document remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia and has one blank page for stamping
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture needs to be taken in the last 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation is enough. If you stay with friends/relatives, a simple letter will suffice.
- E-mail address – you receive your Armenia visa via e-mail in PDF format. You can present it when you board your flight using your smartphone, while some people prefer a physical copy.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. When you apply online for an Armenia visa with iVisa, you will be provided with three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. They are as follows:
- Standard - 7 business days
- Rush - 5 business days
- Super Rush - 3 business days
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
There are two factors that affect the cost of your Armenia visa. The first one is the processing time of your application. Here are the fees for each option:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 The second factor is the visa type. The fees listed above are for a short-term Armenia visa. If you plan on getting the long-term one, then the costs go a bit higher:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity of an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival, while the long-term visa is valid for 180 days after arrival.
How many entries does the Armenia visa allow?
Short-term Armenia visa – Single Entry Long-term Armenia visa – Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Armenia?
That depends on which Armenia visa type you hold. A short-term visa will allow you to stay in Armenia for a period that cannot exceed 21 days Per Entry. The long-term visa allows a stay of up to 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
No. For you to cross the Armenian border with an Armenia e-visa, you need to go through the following border checkpoints:
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia) Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)