Are you planning a trip to Armenia? Then you should probably know that it is possible to need a visa before departure. However, Armenia recently adopted the electronic visa system, which allows many non-visa exempt nationalities to obtain an Armenia visa online. With iVisa, you can acquire the travel document you need with minimal effort. If you want to know more about the Armenia e-visa, you should read the information provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Grenadian citizen, can I apply for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Grenada are eligible for an Armenia e-visa.
What requirements must I meet for an Armenia e-visa?
Before you access the application page to fill in the application, you must make sure that you can meet the requirements. Even so, there is nothing on that list that may be difficult to acquire. You will need the following:
- Valid passport – you have to make sure that the travel document remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia and has one blank page for stamping
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture needs to be taken in the last 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation is enough. If you stay with friends/relatives, a simple letter will suffice.
- E-mail address – you receive your Armenia visa via e-mail in PDF format. You can present it when you board your flight using your smartphone, while some people prefer a physical copy.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. When you apply for an Armenia visa with iVisa, you are given three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can receive your travel document at your earliest convenience. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard - 7 business days
- Rush - 5 business days
- Super Rush - 3 business days
What is the cost of an Armenia e-visa?
The cost of an Armenia visa depends on the processing time option you choose for your application, as well as on the type of visa you need. As for the former, here are the prices of each option:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 The prices you see above are for a short-term Armenia visa. If you want to apply for the long-term one, you will be charged as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
How long is the Armenia e-visa valid for?
The short-term Armenia visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, while the long-term visa has a validity of 180 days after arrival.
How many times can I enter Armenia with an e-visa?
Both the short-term and the long-term Armenia visa are Single Entry visas.
What is the duration of stay of an Armenia e-visa?
It depends on which type of Armenia visa you hold. The short-term one grants you a stay of maximum 21 days Per Entry, while the long-term visa allows you to remain in Armenia for up to 120 days Per Entry.
Is the Armenia e-visa accepted at any point of entry?
No. To be able to use an Armenia e-visa, you need to enter the country through the following border checkpoints:
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia)
- Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)