Are you planning a trip to Armenia? Then you should check to see if you need to apply for a visa before departure. While there are 62 visa-exempt nationalities, the rest of them are required to get one. Fortunately, Armenia’s visa policy includes an electronic visa system which allows many travelers to apply for an Armenia visa online. iVisa can help with the process. If you want to learn more about the Armenia e-visa, we suggest that you go through the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Jamaican citizen, can I apply for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Jamaica can apply for an Armenia e-visa.
What requirements must I meet for an Armenia e-visa?
Before you proceed to the application page to fill in the form, you should first make sure that you meet the requirements. Nevertheless, you should not find this task challenging. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you have to make sure that the travel document remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia and has one blank page for stamping
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture needs to be taken in the last 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation is enough. If you stay with friends/relatives, a simple letter will suffice.
- E-mail address – you receive your Armenia visa via e-mail in PDF format. You can present it when you board your flight using your smartphone, while some people prefer a physical copy.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
That depends. Using iVisa’s services to apply for an Armenia visa means that you are given the opportunity to choose the processing time of your application. You are provided with three options:
- Standard - 7 days
- Rush - 5 days
- Super Rush - 72 hours
What is the cost of an Armenia e-visa?
The cost of an Armenia visa is not fixed. It is determined by the processing time you choose for your application, as well as by the visa type you apply for. Starting with the processing, here are the fees for each option:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 As for the visa type, you have to decide whether you need a short-term Armenia visa or a long-term one. The prices above apply to the former. The prices for the latter are as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
How long is the Armenia e-visa valid for?
The short-term Armenia visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival, while the long-term visa is valid for 180 days after arrival.
How many times can I enter Armenia with an e-visa?
Both the short-term and the long-term Armenia visa are Single Entry visas.
What is the duration of stay of an Armenia e-visa?
You can stay in Armenia for as long as the Armenia visa allows. The short-term visa grants a stay of maximum 21 days Per Entry, while the long-term visa allows you to stay for a period that cannot go beyond 120 days Per Entry.
Is the Armenia e-visa accepted at any point of entry?
Sadly, no. You must enter Armenia via the following points of entry if you want to use an Armenia e-visa.
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia)
- Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran) Otherwise, you must apply for a consular visa at the nearest Armenian embassy.