Planning a trip to Armenia takes a bit of time and consideration. Nevertheless, one of the most important aspects you need to think about is whether or not you need a visa. Even so, you may be lucky enough to be eligible for the electronic visa system. If you are, you can apply for an Armenia visa online, and iVisa is right here to help you with the process. If you wish to learn more about the Armenia e-visa, you can read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Malaysian citizen, can I apply for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes. The citizens of Malaysia, same as many other nationalities, can obtain an Armenia e-visa.
What requirements must I meet for an Armenia e-visa?
One of the first things you have to do before you proceed to the application page is to check and see if you have everything necessary for the application process. That should not be a complicated task because the requirements are easy to meet. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you have to make sure that the travel document remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia and has one blank page for stamping
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture needs to be taken in the last 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation is enough. If you stay with friends/relatives, a simple letter will suffice.
- E-mail address – you receive your Armenia visa via e-mail in PDF format. You can present it when you board your flight using your smartphone, while some people prefer a physical copy.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
That depends. Applying online for an Armenia visa using the services rendered by iVisa means that you are free to choose the timeframe in which your application is processed. With that being said, here are your options:
- Standard - 7 days
- Rush - 5 days
- Super Rush - 72 hours
What is the cost of an Armenia e-visa?
The amount of money you spend on an Armenia visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application and the visa type you apply for. When it comes to processing, the costs are as follows:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 In case you want a long-term visa, you should know that you will have to pay more. The fees above are for the short-term Armenia visa. Here is what you will be charged for the long-term visa:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
How long is the Armenia e-visa valid for?
The short-term Armenia visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, and the long-term visa has a validity of 180 days after arrival.
How many times can I enter Armenia with an e-visa?
Both the short-term and the long-term Armenia visa are Single Entry visas.
What is the duration of stay of an Armenia e-visa?
With a short-term Armenia visa, you will be able to spend up to 21 days Per Entry in Armenia. The long-term visa, however, will allow you to stay for longer. For 120 days Per Entry to be more precise.
Is the Armenia e-visa accepted at any point of entry?
No. You need to go through the following points of entry if you plan on using an Armenia e-visa.
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia) Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)