In the process of planning a trip to Armenia, there are many things you need to deal with. One of them is a visa unless you are exempt. However, since Armenia adopted the electronic visa system recently, you may be able to apply for an Armenia visa online. iVisa can facilitate the application process if you qualify. You should take a moment and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below if you want to learn more about the Armenia e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Mongolian citizen, can I apply for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Mongolia are eligible for an Armenia e-visa.
What requirements must I meet for an Armenia e-visa?
As you will see in just a second, the requirements for an Armenia visa are easy to fulfill. The documents and information necessary for the process should be easy to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you have to make sure that the travel document remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia and has one blank page for stamping
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture needs to be taken in the last 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation is enough. If you stay with friends/relatives, a simple letter will suffice.
- E-mail address – you receive your Armenia visa via e-mail in PDF format. You can present it when you board your flight using your smartphone, while some people prefer a physical copy.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
One of the best things about applying for an Armenia visa online using the services provided by iVisa is that you get to choose the processing time of your application. You are given three options:
- Standard - 7 business days
- Rush - 5 business days
- Super Rush - 3 business days
What is the cost of an Armenia e-visa?
That depends. The amount you will be charged for your Armenia visa is determined by two factors. First, there is the processing time option you pick for your application. Therefore:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 The second fact that determines how much you are charged is the visa type you need. You have a choice to make between the short-term visa, for which the prices are listed above, and a long-term visa, for which the prices are below.
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
How long is the Armenia e-visa valid for?
The short-term Armenia visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival, and the long-term visa of 180 days after arrival.
How many times can I enter Armenia with an e-visa?
Both the short-term and the long-term Armenia visa are Single Entry visas.
What is the duration of stay of an Armenia e-visa?
Again, it depends, but this time on the type of Armenia visa you hold. With a short-term visa, you can remain in Armenia for a period that is limited to 21 days Per Entry, while the long-term visa allows you to stay for up to 120 days Per Entry.
Is the Armenia e-visa accepted at any point of entry?
No. For your Armenia visa to be considered valid, you must enter the country through the border checkpoints below. Otherwise, you are required to obtain a consular visa from the nearest Armenian embassy.
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia) Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)