In the process of planning a trip to Armenia, one of the things you need to consider is the fact that you may be required to obtain a visa in advance. However, that is not necessarily bad news. You may be able to apply for an Armenia visa online if you are eligible. In that case, iVisa ensures a short and stress-free online application process. To learn more about the Armenia e-visa, we recommend that you take a moment to read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Nicaraguan citizen, can I apply for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Nicaragua are given the opportunity to apply for an Armenia e-visa.
What requirements must I meet for an Armenia e-visa?
Before you start the online application process to get an Armenia visa, you need to check whether or not you have everything necessary. Fortunately, the list does not run long. What you need is as follows:
- Valid passport – you have to make sure that the travel document remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia and has one blank page for stamping
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture needs to be taken in the last 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation is enough. If you stay with friends/relatives, a simple letter will suffice.
- E-mail address – you receive your Armenia visa via e-mail in PDF format. You can present it when you board your flight using your smartphone, while some people prefer a physical copy.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
That depends on the processing time option you choose for your application. iVisa gives you three choices so that your Armenia visa arrives in the timeframe you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard - 7 business days
- Rush - 5 business days
- Super Rush - 3 business days
What is the cost of an Armenia e-visa?
As far as the cost of an Armenia visa is concerned, you should know that it is not fixed. In fact, it varies depending on the processing time you choose for your application, as well as on the visa type you require. As for processing, the fees are as follows:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 You need to keep in mind that the costs listed above apply to a short-term Armenia visa. If you plan on staying in Armenia for longer, you need to obtain a long-term visa, in which case the prices are as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
How long is the Armenia e-visa valid for?
The short-term Armenia visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, and the long-term visa for 180 days after arrival.
How many times can I enter Armenia with an e-visa?
Both the short-term and the long-term Armenia visa are Single Entry visas.
What is the duration of stay of an Armenia e-visa?
With a short-term Armenia visa, you can stay in Armenia for no more than 21 days Per Entry, but the long-term visa allow you to spend up to 120 days Per Entry in Armenia.
Is the Armenia e-visa accepted at any point of entry?
No. You have to go through the following border checkpoints if you want your Armenia visa to be considered valid:
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia)
- Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)