Some people cannot travel to Armenia without a visa. However, the good news is that Armenia adopted the electronic visa recently. Consequently, many non-visa exempt nationalities can now apply for an Armenia visa online, and iVisa can facilitate the application process. If you wish to learn more about the electronic visa for Armenia, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a South Africa citizen, am I eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of South Africa are eligible for an Armenia e-visa.
What do I need to apply for an Armenia e-visa?
One of the best things about an online application process is that it is not as demanding and frustrating as the one you go through at an embassy. The same goes for the Armenia e-visa. As you will see, you do not need much to apply. Only the following:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia. At least one blank page is necessary as well.
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture has to be taken in the past 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation will suffice. Or, if you stay with relatives/friends, a letter is enough.
- E-mail address – your Armenia visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. While some people prefer to keep it on their electronic device, others want to have a physical copy. The choice is yours.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my Armenia visa to be ready?
Not that long. Plus, when you apply for an Armenia visa online, you get to pick the timeframe in which it arrives. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard - 7 business days
- Rush - 5 business days
- Super Rush - 3 business days
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
The amount you spend on an Armenia visa depends on two factors: processing time and visa type. As far the processing is concerned, the prices are as follows:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 When it comes to visa type, you should know that you have a choice to make between a short-term and a long-term visa. The prices above are for the former, while the latter will cost you a bit more:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity period of an Armenia e-visa?
The validity of a short-term Armenia visa is of 90 days after arrival, and the long-term visa is valid for 180 days after arrival.
How many entries am I allowed with an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa, as well as the long-term one are Single Entry visas.
For how long can I stay in Armenia with an e-visa?
It depends. If you hold a short-term Armenia visa, your stay is limited to 21 days Per Entry, but if you have a long-term visa, you can stay in Armenia for up to 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use my Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
No. You need to go through the points of entry below if you travel on an Armenia e-visa. Otherwise, you must apply for a consular visa at the nearest Armenian embassy.
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia) Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)