Some people cannot travel to Armenia without a visa. However, the good news is that Armenia adopted the eVisa recently. Consequently, many non-visa exempt nationalities can now apply for an Armenia eVisa online, and iVisa can facilitate the application process.
If you want to learn more about the eVisa for Armenia, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a South Africa citizen, am I eligible for an Armenian e-Visa?
Yes, the citizens of South Africa are eligible for an Armenia e-Visa.
What do I need to apply for an Armenia e-Visa?
One of the best things about an online application process is that it is not as demanding and frustrating as the one you go through at the embassy. It's quite easy to get the Armenian e-Visa. As you will see, you do not need much to apply. Only the following:
- Passport – Take a look at its expiration date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Armenia. At least one blank page is necessary as well.
- Digital photo of yourself – The picture must be recent.
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – A hotel booking confirmation will be enough. If you stay with relatives/friends, a letter can be useful.
- E-mail address – your Armenia eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. While some people prefer to keep it on their electronic devices, others prefer to have a physical copy. The choice is yours.
- Payment Methods – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal as well.
How long must I wait for my Armenia eVisa to be ready?
Not too long. Plus, when you apply for an Armenia eVisa online, you can pick the timeframe in which it arrives. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard - 7 Business Days
- Rush - 5 Business Days
- Super Rush - 3 Business Days
How much does an Armenia e-Visa cost?
The amount you spend on an Armenia eVisa depends on two factors: processing time and visa type. As for the processing time, you can choose one of the following:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00
When it comes to visa type, you should know that you have a choice to make between a short-term and a long-term visa. The prices above are for the former, while the latter will cost you a bit more:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
How long is the Armenia e-visa valid for?
The validity of a short-term Armenia visa is of 90 days after arrival, and the long-term visa is valid for 180 days after arrival.
How many entries am I allowed to have with an Armenia e-Visa?
The short-term Armenian eVisa, as well as the long-term one give you Single Entry.
How long can I stay in Armenia with an e-Visa?
It depends. If you hold a short-term Armenia visa, your stay is limited to 21 days Per Entry, but if you have a long-term visa, you can stay in Armenia for up to 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use my Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
No. You need to go through the points of entry below if you travel with an Armenia e-Visa. Otherwise, you must apply for a consular visa at the nearest Armenian embassy.
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia)
- Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)
How can I apply for the Armenian eVisa?
iVisa designed an effortless process to get the Armenian eVisa, so you don't waste time in a long row at the airport. Nevertheless, if you need help, you can contact iVisa’s customer support 24/7.
To get your eVisa with iVisa, all you have to do is to follow these steps:
First, fill in the form with your basic information. In this part, you also have to choose the processing time.
Second, review your form and make the payment. Be sure to review the information you give because one mistake could invalid your eVisa.
Third, upload the last documents required to proceed with your application. After you are done, click on the submit button and let iVisa finish the rest of the process.
Do I need a vaccination certificate?
Yes, you'll probably need a Yellow Fever Vaccine. You can verify this information here.
How does the Armenian eVisa look like?
Where can I find more information?
Don't stress too much if you still have doubts about the Armenian eVisa, you can reach out iVisa’s customer service center to get special attention. The service can be contacted via online chat or phone 24/7, and it is free of charge.
You can also read more FAQs on this page.