Are you planning a trip to Armenia? Then one of the things you need to deal with is the visa. That is if you need one. There are many visa-exempt nationalities, and the ones that are not may have a chance at an Armenia e-visa. If you do qualify for an electronic visa, iVisa can help you get it with little to no effort. To find out more details about the Armenia e-visa, you should take a couple of minutes and read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Surinamese citizen, am I eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes. The citizens of Suriname are among the nationalities that can apply for an Armenia e-visa.
What do I need to apply for an Armenia e-visa?
The list of requirements for an Armenia e-visa is not very long, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia. At least one blank page is necessary as well.
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture has to be taken in the past 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation will suffice. Or, if you stay with relatives/friends, a letter is enough.
- E-mail address – your Armenia visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. While some people prefer to keep it on their electronic device, others want to have a physical copy. The choice is yours.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my Armenia visa to be ready?
Not very long. Plus, one of the perks of applying for an Armenia visa using the services provided by iVisa is that you can choose the processing time of your application. You are given three choices:
- Standard - 7 business days
- Rush - 5 business days
- Super Rush - 3 business days
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
How much you are charged for an Armenia visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application and on the visa type you need. As far as the former goes, the prices are as following:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 The fees you see above apply to a short-term Armenia visa. If you need a long-term visa, you will be charged a little bit more:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity period of an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, and the long-term visa has a validity of 180 days after arrival.
How many entries am I allowed with an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa, as well as the long-term one are Single Entry visas.
For how long can I stay in Armenia with an e-visa?
For as long as the Armenia visa allows. If you hold a short-term visa, then you cannot stay in Armenia for more than 21 days Per Entry. But if you have a long-term visa, you are granted a stay of up to 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use my Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
No. You need to enter Armenia through the border checkpoints below if you want to travel on an Armenia e-visa. Otherwise, you need a consular visa.
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia) Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)