When you are planning a trip to Armenia, you need to take into consideration a lot of things, and one of them is a visa. After all, you may have to apply for one in advance. However, the good news is that Armenia recently adopted the electronic visa system, and as a result, many nationalities can acquire an Armenia visa online. With iVisa, you can get the travel document you need in just a couple of days. To learn more about the Armenia e-visa, we invite you to read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Taiwanese citizen, am I eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Taiwan qualify for an Armenia e-visa.
What do I need to apply for an Armenia e-visa?
As you will see, the Armenia visa is not a demanding document to obtain. In fact, all you need are a few documents and information. Here is what you must have at hand during the process:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia. At least one blank page is necessary as well.
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture has to be taken in the past 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation will suffice. Or, if you stay with relatives/friends, a letter is enough.
- E-mail address – your Armenia visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. While some people prefer to keep it on their electronic device, others want to have a physical copy. The choice is yours.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my Armenia visa to be ready?
Your Armenia visa will arrive in the timeframe of your choosing. That is because iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. They are as follows:
- Standard - 7 days
- Rush - 5 days
- Super Rush - 72 hours
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
The cost of an Armenia visa is influenced by two factors. The first one is the processing time you choose for your application. Therefore:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 The second factor that affect the cost of your Armenia visa is the visa type. The prices you can see above apply to a short-term visa. If you plan on staying for longer in Armenia, then you have to get a long-term visa, in which case the prices are a bit higher:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity period of an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, and the long-term visa for 180 days after arrival.
How many entries am I allowed with an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa, as well as the long-term one are Single Entry visas.
For how long can I stay in Armenia with an e-visa?
It depends on which type of Armenia visa you hold. With a short-term visa, your stay in Armenia cannot go beyond 21 days Per Entry, but if you apply for a long-term visa, you can stay in Armenia for up to 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use my Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
No. To be able to use an Armenia e-visa, you need to travel via the following points of entry:
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia) Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)