Do you want to start planning a trip to Armenia? Then you should start with the visa. That is, of course, unless you are visa exempt. But even if you are not, you still have a chance to skip the trip to the embassy. Thanks to Armenia’s electronic visa system, you may be able to apply for an Armenia visa online. With iVisa, that happens with minimal effort. To find out more about the Armenia e-visa, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Thai citizen, am I eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes. The citizens of Thailand are among the nationalities that qualify for an Armenia e-visa.
What do I need to apply for an Armenia e-visa?
The requirements for an Armenia visa are nothing out of the ordinary, and most applicants have an easy time putting everything together. Here is what you need:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia. At least one blank page is necessary as well.
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture has to be taken in the past 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation will suffice. Or, if you stay with relatives/friends, a letter is enough.
- E-mail address – your Armenia visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. While some people prefer to keep it on their electronic device, others want to have a physical copy. The choice is yours.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my Armenia visa to be ready?
It depends on which option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. When you apply for an Armenia visa with iVisa, you are given three choices:
- Standard - 7 business days
- Rush - 5 business days
- Super Rush - 3 business days
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
Once again, it depends. The amount you are charged for an Armenia visa is determined by the processing time option you pick for your application, as well as by the visa type you require. As for the former, the costs are as following:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 Keep in mind that the fees above cover a short-term Armenia visa. If you want to stay there for longer, you need to apply for a long-term visa, which means that you will be charged more:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity period of an Armenia e-visa?
The period of validity of a short-term Armenia visa is of 90 days after arrival, and the long-term visa has a validity of 180 days after arrival.
How many entries am I allowed with an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa, as well as the long-term one are Single Entry visas.
For how long can I stay in Armenia with an e-visa?
For as long as the Armenia visa you hold allows. The short-term visa grants you a stay of no more than 21 days Per Entry, while the long-term visa allows you to stay in Armenia for up to 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use my Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
No. You must travel via the following border checkpoints if you use an Armenia e-visa:
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia) Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)