Are you planning to travel to Armenia anytime soon? Then one of the things you need to consider is the fact that you may be required to obtain a visa in advance. However, Armenia adopted the electronic visa system recently, and it allows many nationalities that are not visa-exempt to apply for an Armenia visa online. You should take a moment and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below to find out more about the Armenia e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Filipino citizen, am I eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of the Philippines are given the opportunity to apply for an Armenia e-visa.
What do I need to apply for an Armenia e-visa?
As you will see in just a second, the requirements for an Armenia visa are easy to fulfill. For a successful application process, you need to make sure that you have the following:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia. At least one blank page is necessary as well.
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture has to be taken in the past 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation will suffice. Or, if you stay with relatives/friends, a letter is enough.
- E-mail address – your Armenia visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. While some people prefer to keep it on their electronic device, others want to have a physical copy. The choice is yours.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my Armenia visa to be ready?
Your Armenia visa arrives in the timeframe of your choosing. That is because you can pick the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard - 7 days
- Rush - 5 days
- Super Rush - 72 hours
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
The amount you are charged for an Armenia visa depends on two factors. The first one is the processing time you choose for your application. Therefore:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 The second factor is the visa type. The prices mentioned above are for a short-term Armenia visa. If you want to apply for a long-term visa, you will be charged as following:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity period of an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, while the long-term visa has a validity of 180 days after arrival.
How many entries am I allowed with an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa, as well as the long-term one are Single Entry visas.
For how long can I stay in Armenia with an e-visa?
It depends on which type of Armenia visa you hold. With a short-term visa, your stay is limited to 21 days Per Entry. The long-term visa, however, allows you to stay in Armenia for up to 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use my Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
No. To be able to use an Armenia e-visa, you have to travel to Armenia via the following points of entry:
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia)
- Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)