When you are planning a trip to Armenia, one of the first things you need to check off your to-do list is the visa. But the good news is that Armenia recently changed its visa policy and introduced the electronic visa system. As a result, you may be able to obtain an Armenia visa online, and iVisa can facilitate the process for you. You should take a moment and read the information below to learn more about the electronic visa for Armenia.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Timorese citizen, am I eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes. The nationals of Timor-Leste qualify for an Armenia e-visa.
What do I need to apply for an Armenia e-visa?
Not much. As you will notice, the list of requirements for an Armenia visa is not long, and you may already have some of the items on it. If not, they are easy to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia. At least one blank page is necessary as well.
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture has to be taken in the past 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation will suffice. Or, if you stay with relatives/friends, a letter is enough.
- E-mail address – your Armenia visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. While some people prefer to keep it on their electronic device, others want to have a physical copy. The choice is yours.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my Armenia visa to be ready?
Your Armenia e-visa will arrive in your e-mail inbox in the timeframe of your choosing. That is because iVisa gives you three options concerning the processing time of your application:
- Standard - 7 business days
- Rush - 5 business days
- Super Rush - 3 business days
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
The cost of an Armenia visa is established by the timeframe in which you want it to be ready, as well as by the visa type you need. When it comes to processing, the prices are as follows:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 As for the visa type, you can choose between a short-term and a long-term Armenia visa. The costs above cover the former, while the prices below apply to the latter:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity period of an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, and the long-term visa has a validity of 180 days after arrival.
How many entries am I allowed with an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa, as well as the long-term one are Single Entry visas.
For how long can I stay in Armenia with an e-visa?
It depends on which type of Armenia visa you travel with. A short-term visa allows you to stay for up to 21 days Per Entry in Armenia, while the long-term visa grants you a stay of no more than 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use my Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
If you travel on an Armenia e-visa, you are obligated to use the following points of entry in Armenia:
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia)
- Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)