When you are planning a trip to Armenia, there are many things you need to consider, and one of them is a visa. Of course, unless you are exempt, in which case you only need your passport. The good news is, however, that thanks to Armenia’s electronic visa system, many non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for an Armenia visa online. If you are among them, iVisa can facilitate the application process for you. To learn more about the Armenia e-visa, read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Tongan citizen, am I eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes. The citizens of Tonga qualify for an Armenia e-visa.
What do I need to apply for an Armenia e-visa?
The requirements for an Armenia visa are not difficult to meet. The list is not long, and the items on it are generally easy to acquire. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia. At least one blank page is necessary as well.
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture has to be taken in the past 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation will suffice. Or, if you stay with relatives/friends, a letter is enough.
- E-mail address – your Armenia visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. While some people prefer to keep it on their electronic device, others want to have a physical copy. The choice is yours.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my Armenia visa to be ready?
Not very long. Plus, when you apply for an Armenia visa online, iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard - 7 Business Days
- Rush - 5 Business Days
- Super Rush - 3 Business Days
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
The amount you spend on an Armenia e-visa is established by two factors. The first one is the processing time option you choose for your application. Therefore:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 The second factor that determines the cost of an Armenia visa is the type of visa you apply for. The prices listed above cover a short-term visa, but if you want to obtain a long-term visa, you will be charged as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity period of an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, and the long-term visa for 180 days after arrival.
How many entries am I allowed with an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa, as well as the long-term one are Single Entry visas.
For how long can I stay in Armenia with an e-visa?
Your stay in Armenia depends on the type of Armenia visa you hold. With a short-term visa, you can stay for no more than 21 days Per Entry, while a long-term visa ensures a stay of up to 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use my Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
No. You must enter the country through the following border checkpoints to be able to use an Armenia e-visa.
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia)
- Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)