While many nationalities are exempt from getting a visa, others need one when traveling to Armenia. However, Armenia recently adopted the electronic visa system, and as a result, many non-visa exempt nationalities are given the possibility to apply online for an Armenia visa. If you are among them, iVisa can help you with the online application process. To learn more about the Armenia e-visa, you can read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Turkish citizen, am I eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Turkey can apply for an Armenia e-visa.
What do I need to apply for an Armenia e-visa?
One of the first things you need to do before you start the online application process is to make sure that you meet all the requirements for an Armenia visa. However, as you will see, there is nothing on that list that may be challenging to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia. At least one blank page is necessary as well.
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture has to be taken in the past 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation will suffice. Or, if you stay with relatives/friends, a letter is enough.
- E-mail address – your Armenia visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. While some people prefer to keep it on their electronic device, others want to have a physical copy. The choice is yours.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my Armenia visa to be ready?
The Armenia visa will arrive in your e-mail inbox in the timeframe of your choosing. iVisa provides you with three processing time options so that you can pick the one that best satisfies your needs:
- Standard - 7 Business Days
- Rush - 5 Business Days
- Super Rush - 3 Business Days
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
The amount you are charged for an Armenia visa is determined by two factors: processing time and visa type. When it comes to the former, here is a list of prices:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 The visa type is yet another factor that influences the cost of your Armenia visa. The prices you see above cover a short-term visa. If you plan on getting a long-term visa, then you will be charged as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity period of an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival, and the long-term visa of 180 days after arrival.
How many entries am I allowed with an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa, as well as the long-term one are Single Entry visas.
For how long can I stay in Armenia with an e-visa?
With a short-term visa, you can stay in Armenia for no more than 21 days Per Entry, while the long-term visa grants you a stay of up to 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use my Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
No. If you hold an Armenia e-visa, you need to enter Armenia through the points of entry below. Any other border checkpoint will require a consular visa.
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia)
- Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)