When you start planning your trip to Armenia, there are many things that you have to consider, and one of them is the visa. Of course, if you are visa-exempt, then you have nothing to worry about. However, thanks to Armenia’s electronic visa system, many non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for an Armenia visa online, and if that is the case with you, iVisa can help. If you wish to learn more about the Armenia e-visa, we suggest that you read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Turkmen citizen, am I eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Turkmenistan are among the many nationalities that are given the opportunity to apply for an Armenia e-visa.
What do I need to apply for an Armenia e-visa?
To successfully apply for an Armenia visa, you need to check and see if you have at hand everything that is necessary for the application process. However, here is all you need:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date and make sure that it is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia. At least one blank page is necessary as well.
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture has to be taken in the past 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation will suffice. Or, if you stay with relatives/friends, a letter is enough.
- E-mail address – your Armenia visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. While some people prefer to keep it on their electronic device, others want to have a physical copy. The choice is yours.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my Armenia visa to be ready?
The Armenia visa will be ready according to the processing time option you choose during the application process. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard - 7 Business Days
- Rush - 5 Business Days
- Super Rush - 3 Business Days
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
How much you are charged for your Armenia visa depends on which option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application, as well as on the visa type you request. As far as the former goes, here is a list of prices:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 Please keep in mind that the fees above cover a short-term Armenia vis. If you apply for a long-term visa, you will be required to pay more:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity period of an Armenia e-visa?
The validity of a short-term Armenia visa is of 90 days after arrival, and the long-term visa is valid for 180 days after arrival.
How many entries am I allowed with an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa, as well as the long-term one are Single Entry visas.
For how long can I stay in Armenia with an e-visa?
You can stay in Armenia for as long as the Armenia visa allows. With a short-term visa, your stay cannot go beyond 21 days Per Entry, and the long-term visa allows you to stay in Armenia for a period that is limited to 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use my Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
No. To use an Armenia e-visa, you need to travel to Armenia via the following points of entry:
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia) Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)