Whenever you travel to a new foreign country, it is wise to do some research on its visa policy. Armenia is no exception. If you have never been there, you should learn whether you need an Armenia visa, or what the entry requirements are. Fortunately, we are here to give you all the information you need. Read the answers to the most commonly asked questions about the visa policy of Armenia so that you know what you are up against.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are there visa-exempt nationalities when it comes to traveling to Armenia?
Yes. As a matter of fact, the citizens of 62 countries are exempt from getting an Armenia visa. All they need upon entry is a valid passport.
For how long can I stay in Armenia if I am visa-exempt?
It depends on your nationality. While some can stay for up to 180 days, others are allowed to spend no more than 90 days in Armenia.
Can I apply for an Armenia visa on arrival?
Yes. There are specific points of entry that issue Armenia visas on arrival to eligible nationalities.
Can I apply online for an Armenia visa?
Yes. All nationalities that are eligible for an Armenia visa on arrival can also apply for an Armenia visa online. We recommend the latter because it implies less stress.
What if I am neither visa-exempt nor eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
When you find yourself in the position of not being eligible for an Armenia visa/visa on arrival, your only option is to pay a visit to the nearest Armenian embassy and obtain a consular visa.
What do I need to apply for an Armenia visa online?
The requirements for an Armenia visa are actually easy to fulfill. All you need is the following:
- Valid passport – make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia and has one blank page
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture needs to be taken in the last 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation is enough. If you stay with friends/relatives, a simple letter will suffice.
- E-mail address – you receive your Armenia visa via e-mail in PDF format
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
Your Armenia visa will be ready in the timeframe of your choosing. That is because iVisa provides you with three processing time options. They are as follows:
- Standard - 7 Business Days
- Rush - 5 Business Days
- Super Rush - 3 Business Days
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
The answer to this question depends on how soon you want your Armenia visa to arrive. The cost is directly related to the processing time you choose for your application. Therefore:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 Keep in mind that the fees are also established by the type of visa you apply for. The long-term visa will be more expensive than the short-term visa.
By comparison with other countries, Armenia has a pretty lenient visa policy. A trip to the embassy is required for most African countries and a few other states. But chances are that you do not need to apply for a visa. And if you, you can do it online or on arrival. That should help you skip some time and effort.