The citizens of Malaysia are eligible for an Australia ETA. This means you are not required to go to the nearest Australian diplomatic mission and apply for a visa. Instead, you can apply online using the services rendered by iVisa. The entire process is online, and you can get your ETA in as little as 30 minutes.
What are the requirements?
As a Malaysian citizen, you may be eligible for an Australia ETA, but there are other requirements you must meet. Lucky for you, iVisa does not ask for much, and the chances of you having everything you need are pretty high. Here is what you must provide:
- Valid passport – all applicants must have a valid passport. But that is not enough. The passport needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia.
- Means of online payment – since this is an online application process we are talking about, you will be required to make the payment online. For that, you can use a credit or a debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
- E-mail address – an Australia ETA is electronically linked to your passport, so you do not need to print out the ETA, but we use e-mail as a means of communication, which is why we ask for an address.
Australia ETA for Malaysian citizens – the application form
There is one last thing you must do to get your Australia ETA, and that is to fill in the application form. You should know that the form is short and simple to complete, and iVisa’s support service can help you every step of the way should you need help. The service is available 24/7, and it does not cost you a penny.
We have broken down the form into two simple steps for your convenience. The first step requires you to provide your personal information such as name, address, e-mail, date of birth, etc. You must give some travel details and passport info too. Also, you must choose a processing time, but keep in mind that it affects the cost of your Australia ETA. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing time – this is the slowest option iVisa puts at your disposal, but do not think that it takes days for your Australia ETA to be ready. In fact, your application is processed within 1 business day. As far as the fee is concerned, you will be charged $20.
- Rush processing time – if you are looking for something faster, this option may be what you want. Your ETA will be ready within just 2 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest way to get your Australia ETA is if you opt for this processing time. You will get it in just 30 minutes. Of course, it is more expensive as well. It costs $70.
Step two is when you make the payment and revises the information you provided in step one. The revision is crucial since errors can lead to an invalid Australia ETA. If you make a mistake, we can reissue a new ETA for a fee of $5.95. But we recommend that you double-check your form before you submit it.
Needless to say, an Australia ETA for Malaysian citizens is effortless to obtain and iVisa makes sure of that. The ETA is valid for 12 months since the date of issue or until your passport expires should that happen first. You are allowed to enter Australia multiple times, but you can only stay up to 90 days per entry.