As a citizen of Hong Kong, you are eligible for an Australia ETA whenever you wish to travel to Australia. The electronic authorization is available online, and iVisa can help you obtain it in just a half an hour. All you have to do is access the [application page] and follow the steps.
What are the requirements?
iVisa handles all the bureaucracy so that you do not have to, but you still need to provide a few things so that the service can get the application process started. The list is quite short, and you may already have everything you need. Here is a list of what iVisa asks of you:
- Valid passport – all applicants must have a valid passport. But that is not enough. The passport needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia.
- Means of online payment – since this is an online application process we are talking about, you will be required to make the payment online. For that, you can use a credit or a debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
- E-mail address – an Australia ETA is electronically linked to your passport, so you do not need to print out the ETA, but we use e-mail as a means of communication, which is why we ask for an address.
Australia ETA for the citizens of Hong Kong (HK) – the application form
After you put together all of the above, there is one more thing you need to handle, and that is the application form. Rest assured that the form is easy to complete, and iVisa can guide you through it every step of the way. The support service is available 24/7, and it is entirely free of charge.
We have broken down the form into two simple steps. The first step asks for your personal information, as well as details about your trip and passport info. You must also select a processing time for your application, but bear in mind that each option has a different fee. You can choose from the following:
- Standard processing time – this is the slowest option iVisa puts at your disposal, but do not think that it takes days for your Australia ETA to be ready. In fact, your application is processed within 1 business day. As far as the fee is concerned, you will be charged $20.
- Rush processing time – if you are looking for something faster, this option may be what you want. Your ETA will be ready within just 2 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest way to get your Australia ETA is if you opt for this processing time. You will get it in just 30 minutes. Of course, it is more expensive as well. It costs $70. Step two will ask you to make the payment and revise step number one. You must make sure that your form does not contain any typos or other mistakes that can invalidate your Australia ETA. Corrections are impossible to make once the application reaches processing, but we can reissue a new visa for an additional charge of $5.95 in case you make a mistake. Once you are done, just submit the application and you are done. iVisa will handle the rest.
Needless to say, an Australia ETA for the citizens of Hong Kong (HK) is quite accessible these days. Your effort is minimal. The ETA is valid for 1 year since issue, and you have unlimited entries. However, once you arrive in Australia, you are not allowed to stay more than 90 days per entry.