As an Italian citizen, if you travel to Australia for business or tourism purposes, you are not required to apply for a visa. Instead, you are eligible for an Australia Electronic Travel Authorization, for which you can apply online. iVisa facilitates the application process, and as a result, you can get your ETA in just half an hour.
Australia ETA for the citizens of Italy – the requirements
One of the first things you need to take care of is the list of requirements. You need to fulfill them all for a successful application process. Fortunately, you need very few things, and they are easy to acquire. Here is what you need to put together:
- Valid passport – all applicants must hold a valid passport that maintains its status for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia. Make sure to check its expiry date before you apply. If you do not comply, your application will be denied.
- E-mail address – since this is an online application process, the confirmation for your Australia ETA arrives via e-mail in PDF format. The authorization is electronically linked to your passport. You do not have to print it out. But if it makes you more comfortable, you can have a copy on you when you leave.
- Means of online payment – you cannot pay with cash for an online application process, which is why you should use a method that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Australia ETA for the citizens of Italy – the online application form
The application form created by iVisa is short and simple, which is why most people take about 20 minutes to fill in. However, if you need some help at any time, or if you have questions about the application process, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available non-stop and free of charge.
The form in question has three steps. Step number one wants your personal information such as name, date of birth, address, e-mail, etc. Passport info and some details about your trip are also required. Moreover, you are going to have to select a processing time for your application. Just remember that the option you choose determines how much money you spend on your Australia ETA. iVisa allows you to opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the cheapest. It is also the slowest, but your application is processed within 24 hours. As for the cost, you are charged just $20.
- Rush processing – if you want your Australia ETA a little faster, you can opt for this choice. Your electronic authorization is ready within 2 hours, and the fee is $50.
- Super Rush processing – the fastest option is also the priciest. However, you will receive a confirmation of your ETA in only 30 minutes since the submission of your application. The cost for this option is of $70.
The second step wants you to cover the payment and review your form so that it does not contain any errors when you submit it. If mistakes are not corrected, the ETA you receive is invalid and you have to apply for a new one.
Step three is the point at which you are asked to upload all the documents that support your application. After you do that, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will process your request in the timeframe of your choosing. But your job ends here.
What you must remember from all this is that the citizens of Italy can apply for an Australia ETA using the services rendered by iVisa. The ETA maintains its validity for 12 months from the date of issue, and it allows its holder to enter Australia on multiple occasions during that time. However, you can stay there for up to 3 months each time you visit.