The citizens of Taiwan are among the nationalities that are eligible for an Australia ETA. The electronic authorization allows you to skip a visit to the nearest Australian embassy if your trip is for business or tourism purposes. Instead of that, you can apply for your travel document online, and iVisa can help you with the online application process.
Australia ETA for the citizens of Taiwan – requirements
Before you proceed to fill in the application form, we recommend that you put together everything that is required for the online process. Rest assured that the requirements are easy to fulfill. You only need the following:
- Valid passport – all applicants must hold a valid passport that maintains its status for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia. Make sure to check its expiry date before you apply. Plus, the passport must have your national ID number. This is a special requirement for the citizens of Taiwan.
- E-mail address – since this is an online application process, the confirmation for your Australia ETA arrives via e-mail in PDF format. The authorization is electronically linked to your passport. You do not have to print it out. But if it makes you more comfortable, you can have a copy on you when you leave.
- Means of online payment – you cannot pay with cash for an online application process, which is why you should use a method that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Australia ETA for the citizens of Taiwan – the online application form
Now that you know what you need, let’s discuss the [online application form] so that you know what to expect. But before we do that, keep in mind that iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge in case you need some help or have some questions about the application process.
The online form consists of three easy steps. The first one focuses on general information about yourself and your trip to Australia. You are also required to select a processing time for your application, a factor that has a say in your Australia ETA’s cost. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the cheapest. It is also the slowest, but your application is processed within 24 hours. As for the cost, you are charged just $20.
- Rush processing – if you want your Australia ETA a little faster, you can opt for this choice. Your electronic authorization is ready within 2 hours, and the fee is $50.
- Super Rush processing – the fastest option is also the priciest. However, you will receive a confirmation of your ETA in only 30 minutes since the submission of your application. The cost for this option is of $70.
The second step of the application requires you to cover the payment for the ETA and iVisa’s services, but you also have to go over your form to make sure that it does not include any mistakes. Failure to correct your errors leads you an invalid ETA, in which case you have to go through the process again for a new travel document.
The third and last step of the form asks you to provide iVisa with the necessary documents that support your application. You will be given instructions as to how to upload them. After you do that, submit your request and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Taiwan can easily get an Australia ETA with iVisa’s help. The document is valid for 12 months since the issue date, it grants multiple entries in Australia. Also, you can stay there as long as 3 months per entry.