Before we answer some of the most common questions about the Australia eVisitor visa, we would like to inform you that iVisa’s customer support service is at your disposal 24/7 and is entirely free of charge. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have more questions or need some help with the application process.
What is an Australia eVisitor?
The Australia eVisitor visa is an electronic authorization that allows a person to travel to Australia without having to visit an embassy. The online application process will spare you the effort. Once you apply for it, the authorization will be electronically linked to your passport, and that will allow you to board a flight bound for Australia. The airport check-in staff will be able to confirm that you are authorized to board the flight.
How can I apply for an Australia eVisitor visa?
iVisa can help you with that. All you have to do is access the application page and follow the steps. It should not take you more than 20 minutes to complete the process. It is that easy.
What do I need to apply for an Australia eVisitor visa?
Before accessing the application page to apply for an Australia eVisitor visa, you need to make sure that you can meet the requirements. However, you will see that the list contains nothing out of the ordinary. You only need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Australia eVisitor visa if you are not a passport holder. At the same time, check the document’s expiration date because it has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia.
- E-mail address – you will receive the confirmation of your Australia eVisitor visa via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid and correctly spelled address.
- Means of payment – since this is an online application process, the payment must be made online as well. iVisa accepts multiple methods. You can use a credit/debit card, but if you have PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat, you can use one of them as well.
Important note: if any additional documentation is necessary, iVisa will notify you via e-mail.
How long does it take for the Australia eVisitor visa to arrive?
The truth is that the timeframe within which your Australia eVisitor visa is ready depends on you. How is that possible? iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing time so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing time – this is the cheapest and slowest option you have at hand. It takes 5 business days for your application to be processed.
- Rush processing time – this option is a bit faster than the previous one. You receive your Australia eVisitor visa within 72 hours since application.
- Super Rush processing time – this is the fastest option you are given. It takes only 48 hours for your request to be processed.
How much the Australia eVisitor visa cost?
The cost of your Australia eVisitor visa depends on a single factor, and that is the processing time option you select during the application process. The fees are as follows:
- Standard processing - $20
- Rush processing time - $50
- Super Rush processing - $70
For how long is the Australia eVisitor visa valid?
The rule is that the Australia eVisitor visa is valid for 1 year since the date of issue. However, it can expire faster than that. Why? Because if your passport expires before that year passes, your Australia eVisitor visa expires as well. For a better understanding, we will give you an example. Let’s say that your eVisitor visa is approved in August 2019, so it goes without saying that it will expire in August 2020. However, if your passport expires in June 2020, then your Australia eVisitor visa will expire on the same date as well.
For more Australia eVisitor visa Frequently Asked Questions (helpdesk), please visit the landing page. You will find more answers there.