Irish citizens who plan a trip to Australia can avoid going to an embassy to apply for a visa. Instead, they can apply online for an Australia eVisitor visa. iVisa can help with the application process so that you can receive your travel document in as little as 48 hours. Stick around to learn how.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Ireland – requirements
The online application process for an Australia eVisitor visa may be more accessible than the one you find at an embassy. However, it does not mean you do not have to meet a set of requirements. Nonetheless, nothing on the list below is challenging to acquire. You will need the following:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport at the time of their application. Moreover, the document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia. Do not forget to look at your passport’s expiry date before you apply for an Australia eVisitor.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. However, since the document is electronically linked to your passport, you are not required to print it out. The check-in staff at the airport will be able to confirm your authorization without a physical copy of the document.
- Means of payment – since the entire application process is online, it makes sense for the payment to be made online as well. Nevertheless, iVisa is versatile as far as that goes, which is why you can use multiple methods. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid means of payment.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Ireland – the online application form
Once you have at hand everything you need, you can fill in the online application form. You should be done with this task in no more than 20 minutes, but iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal non-stop should you require assistance. The service does not charge.
What you will notice is that the form is divided into three steps. It should make things easier for you. The first one asks for your personal information, some details about your trip, and passport info. You also need to select a processing time for your application, a factor which determines the cost of your Australia eVisitor visa. You are presented with three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given. It takes 5 business days for your Australia eVisitor visa to be ready, and you only have to pay a small service fee of $20.
- Rush processing – this is a faster option. iVisa processes your request within 72 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option you can choose it is also the most expensive. You spend $70 to receive your eVisitor visa, but your application is processed in just 48 hours.
The second step asks that you make the payment using one of the methods mentioned above, but you also have to review your form carefully. It cannot contain any mistakes. Otherwise, you risk receiving an invalid visa, in which case you need to repeat the application process.
The third step is the point at which iVisa requires you to upload the necessary documents that support your application. You can submit your request when all three steps are complete, and iVisa will take things further for you.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated about getting an Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Ireland. The document is valid for 1 year since issuance, you are granted multiple entries and you can stay in Australia for up to 90 days per visit.
Important note: the citizens of Ireland are also eligible for an Australia ETA!