According to the visa policy of Australia, there are 36 nationalities that qualify for an Australia eVisitor visa (Subclass 651). Maltese citizens are among them. This means that you do not have to go to the nearest Australian embassy to get your visa anymore. Instead, whenever you take a trip to Australia for tourism or business purposes, you can apply online for your travel document and iVisa can help you with that.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Malta - requirements
Before you access the application page to fill the form, you must make sure that you have at hand whatever is necessary for a smooth and fast application process. iVisa will ask for the following:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport at the time of their application. Moreover, the document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia. Do not forget to look at your passport’s expiry date before you apply for an Australia eVisitor.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. However, since the document is electronically linked to your passport, you are not required to print it out. The check-in staff at the airport will be able to confirm your authorization without a physical copy of the document.
- Means of payment – since the entire application process is online, it makes sense for the payment to be made online as well. Nevertheless, iVisa is versatile as far as that goes, which is why you can use multiple methods. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid means of payment.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Malta – the online application form
What you have to do next is to fill in the application form. That should be an easy task, but if you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached by phone or online chat 24/7, and it is entirely free of charge. iVisa broke down the form into three simple steps for your convenience. The first one is the moment when you have to provide general information about yourself and your trip, but you are also expected to select a processing time for your application. What you need to keep in mind here is that the choice you make determines the cost of your Australia eVisitor visa. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given. It takes 5 business days for your Australia eVisitor visa to be ready, and you only must pay a small service fee of $20.
- Rush processing – this is a faster option. iVisa processes your request within 72 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option you can choose it is also the most expensive. You spend $70 to receive your eVisitor visa, but your application is processed in just 48 hours.
Step number two requires you to provide your payment details and review your form so that you can have the chance of correcting any mistakes that you may have made. If you submit a form that contains errors, your e-visa will be invalid.
Step number three only asks for the supporting documents of your application. You have to upload them as per iVisa’s instructions. When all three steps are complete, you can hit the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
Needless to say, the process of acquiring an Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Malta entails minimal effort. The Australia e-visa is valid for 1 year since issue. It grants multiple entries, and you can stay in Australia for up to 90 days per entry.
Important note: as a Maltese citizen, you are also eligible for an Australia ETA!