As a Norwegian, you do not have to go to the nearest Australian embassy to apply for a visa whenever you plan a trip to Australia for business or pleasure. That is because you are eligible for an Australia eVisitor visa, and you can apply online for it. iVisa has a prepared a short and straightforward application process for you which gets you the travel document in as little as 48 hours.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Norway – the requirements
As you can imagine, the online application process is a lot smoother than the one at the embassy. However, you still need to fulfill a few requirements. Lucky for you, the list is short, and its content is easy to acquire. You will need the following:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport at the time of their application. Moreover, the document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia. Do not forget to look at your passport’s expiry date before you apply for an Australia eVisitor.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. However, since the document is electronically linked to your passport, you are not required to print it out. The check-in staff at the airport will be able to confirm your authorization without a physical copy of the document.
- Means of payment – since the entire application process is online, it makes sense for the payment to be made online as well. Nevertheless, iVisa is versatile as far as that goes, which is why you can use multiple methods. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid means of payment.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Norway – the online application form
One last thing that you have to do is to fill in the application form. iVisa’s version is short, which is why you should not spend more than 20 minutes completing it. However, keep in mind that iVisa’s customer support service is available 24/7 and free of charge if you need some help.
The form you are about to fill in consists of three steps. The first one asks you to give your personal information, passport info, and a couple of details concerning your trip. You also have to select a processing time so that the cost of your Australia eVisitor visa can be established. As to that, you are presented with three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given. It takes 5 business days for your Australia eVisitor visa to be ready, and you only have to pay a small service fee of $20.
- Rush processing – this is a faster option. iVisa processes your request within 72 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option you can choose it is also the most expensive. You spend $70 to receive your eVisitor visa, but your application is processed in just 48 hours.
The second step requires you to handle the payment and revise your form in case you made a few mistakes, while the third expects you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are finished, click the submit button, and iVisa will do the rest.
As you can see, the online process of getting an Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Norway is not problematic at all. The document is valid for 1 year since issue, it grants multiple entries and you are allowed to spend up to 90 days per visit once you arrive in Australia.
Important note: Norwegian citizens also qualify for an Australia ETA!