Like a few other nationalities, the citizens of Portugal qualify for an Australia eVisitor visa. As a result, whenever you want to travel to Australia for business or tourism purposes, you do not have to go to the nearest Australian embassy to get a visa. Instead, you can go through an online application process and have your travel document in no time. iVisa can help you with that.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Portugal – requirements
While the online application process is not as time-consuming and demanding as the one you find at an embassy, you still have to make sure that you are able to fulfill some requirements. When you fill in the form, you must have the following at hand:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport at the time of their application. Moreover, the document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia. Do not forget to look at your passport’s expiry date before you apply for an Australia eVisitor.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. However, since the document is electronically linked to your passport, you are not required to print it out. The check-in staff at the airport will be able to confirm your authorization without a physical copy of the document.
- Means of payment – since the entire application process is online, it makes sense for the payment to be made online as well. Nevertheless, iVisa is versatile as far as that goes, which is why you can use multiple methods. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid means of payment.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Portugal – the online application form
After you manage to acquire everything that is needed, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. You should not find this task difficult, but if you do, you can contact iVisa’s customer support via phone or online chat. The service is reachable non-stop and is free of charge.
The form has three simple steps. The first one requires your personal information and a few details regarding your trip. You also have to select a processing time for your application, an action which decides how much your Australia eVisitor visa will cost. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given. It takes 5 business days for your Australia eVisitor visa to be ready, and you only must pay a small service fee of $20.
- Rush processing – this is a faster option. iVisa processes your request within 72 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option you can choose it is also the most expensive. You spend $70 to receive your eVisitor visa, but your application is processed in just 48 hours.
The second step wants you to cover the payment and review your form so that the information within is 100% accurate, while the third requires you to upload all the documents that support your application. After you do that, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will deliver your e-visa in the timeframe of your choosing.
As you can see, there is nothing problematic about the process of getting an Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Portugal. iVisa makes things a lot easier for you. The e-visa is valid for 1 year since issue, it grants multiple entries and you can stay in Australia for up to 90 days per entry.
Important note: the citizens of Portugal are also eligible for an Australia ETA!