Spanish citizens are among the 36 nationalities that, according to Australia’s visa policy, are eligible for an Australia eVisitor visa. So, if you are planning to travel to Australia anytime soon, for business or tourism purposes, you can avoid going to an embassy to apply for a visa. Instead, you can enjoy a short and straightforward online application process with iVisa.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Spain – requirements
The requirements for an Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Spain are the same as for everyone else who qualifies. The list is quite short, though, and the items on it should be easy to acquire. Here is what you need during the application process:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport at the time of their application. Moreover, the document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia. Do not forget to look at your passport’s expiry date before you apply for an Australia eVisitor.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. However, since the document is electronically linked to your passport, you are not required to print it out. The check-in staff at the airport will be able to confirm your authorization without a physical copy of the document.
- Means of payment – since the entire application process is online, it makes sense for the payment to be made online as well. Nevertheless, iVisa is versatile as far as that goes, which is why you can use multiple methods. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid means of payment.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Spain – the online application form
One last thing that you have to do is to fill in an application form. iVisa created a short and simple form so that you do not spend more than 20 minutes filling it in. Nevertheless, if you consider that you need some assistance or have some questions, you can contact iVisa’s customer support 24/7. The service does not charge.
The form happens in three short stages. The first one wants you to provide iVisa with personal information, passport info, and details concerning your trip. At the same time, you have to select a processing time for your application. That determines the timeframe in which your Australia eVisitor visa is ready for use and its cost. You are presented with three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given. It takes 5 business days for your Australia eVisitor visa to be ready, and you only have to pay a small service fee of $20.
- Rush processing – this is a faster option. iVisa processes your request within 72 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option you can choose it is also the most expensive. You spend $70 to receive your eVisitor visa, but your application is processed in just 48 hours.
The second part handles the payment and the review, while the third requires you to upload the documents that support your application. Once you are finished, you are free to click on the submit button and iVisa will take it from there.
What you need to remember from all this is that the online process of getting an Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Spain is not complicated nor time-consuming. The Australia e-visa has a validity of 1 year since the date of issue, and it is a multiple-entry visa. You can stay in Australia for up to 90 days per visit.
Important note: the Spanish citizens are also eligible for an Australia ETA!