Like 35 other nationalities, the citizens of Sweden qualify for an Australia eVisitor visa. What does that mean? It means that as a Swedish, you do not have to pay a visit to the nearest Australian embassy when you wish to travel to Australia on vacation or for business purposes. Your alternative is much more comfortable. You can apply online for your visa and iVisa is here to help.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Sweden – requirements
You will be pleased to know that the requirements for an Australia eVisitor visa are not at all difficult to acquire. In fact, the list is quite short, and you may already have every item on it. Here is what you will need for the online application process:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport at the time of their application. Moreover, the document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia. Do not forget to look at your passport’s expiry date before you apply for an Australia eVisitor.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. However, since the document is electronically linked to your passport, you are not required to print it out. The check-in staff at the airport will be able to confirm your authorization without a physical copy of the document.
- Means of payment – since the entire application process is online, it makes sense for the payment to be made online as well. Nevertheless, iVisa is versatile as far as that goes, which is why you can use multiple methods. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid means of payment.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Sweden – the online application form
After you gather all of the above, there is one thing left for you to do, and that is to fill in the application form. It should take you about 20 minutes to complete this task, but if you need some help, you can contact iVisa’s customer support via phone or online chat. The service is at your disposal 24/7 and does not charge.
The form in question has three steps. The first one asks for general information about yourself as well as about your trip. You must also select a processing time for your application, an action which determines how much you will be charged for your Australia eVisitor visa. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given. It takes 5 business days for your Australia eVisitor visa to be ready, and you only have to pay a small service fee of $20.
- Rush processing – this is a faster option. iVisa processes your request within 72 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option you can choose it is also the most expensive. You spend $70 to receive your eVisitor visa, but your application is processed in just 48 hours.
The second step expects you to make the payment and carefully review the information within your form, and the third wants you to upload the supporting documents of your application. As soon as you are finished, you can submit your request and iVisa will take it further.
Needless to say, it is easy to obtain an Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Sweden. iVisa handles the bureaucracy so that you do not have to. The Australia e-visa has a validity period of 1 year since issuance and it grants multiple entries. Also, you can stay in Australia for as long as 90 days per visit.
Important note: The citizens of Sweden are also eligible for an Australia ETA!