We are pleased to inform you that as a Swiss, whenever you plan to travel to Australia, you are no longer required to pay a visit to the nearest Australian embassy to apply for a visa. Instead, you are eligible for an Australia eVisitor visa, which you can obtain online. Using the services provided by iVisa, you can have your travel document ready within 48 hours.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Switzerland – the requirements
The first thing on your to-do list is to put together all that is necessary for the online application process. That ensures a smoother and faster process. Fortunately, the list of requirements is not long. You will need the following:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport at the time of their application. Moreover, the document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia. Do not forget to look at your passport’s expiry date before you apply for an Australia eVisitor.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. However, since the document is electronically linked to your passport, you are not required to print it out. The check-in staff at the airport will be able to confirm your authorization without a physical copy of the document.
- Means of payment – since the entire application process is online, it makes sense for the payment to be made online as well. Nevertheless, iVisa is versatile as far as that goes, which is why you can use multiple methods. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid means of payment.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Switzerland – the online application process
So that you know what to expect, we will describe, shortly, the application form that you need to complete. But first of all, remember that iVisa’s customer support service is open 24/7 and free of charge should you need some help.
Once you access the application page, you will notice that iVisa’s form consists of three steps. Once you finish one, you can move on to the next. The first step asks for your personal information, travel details, and passport info, but you also need to select a processing time for your application. Bear in mind that your choice affects the cost of your Australia eVisitor visa. You are given the following options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given. It takes 5 business days for your Australia eVisitor visa to be ready, and you only have to pay a small service fee of $20.
- Rush processing – this is a faster option. iVisa processes your request within 72 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option you can choose it is also the most expensive. You spend $70 to receive your eVisitor visa, but your application is processed in just 48 hours.
Reaching the second step, you need to handle the payment and review your form to make sure it does not include any errors. Otherwise, your visa will be invalid. The third and last step expects you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are done, hit the submit button and iVisa will take care of the rest.
The bottom line is that the online process of acquiring an Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Switzerland entails minimal effort and time. The Australia e-visa is valid for 1 year since issuance, you can use it form multiple entries, and you are allowed to stay in Australia for up to 90 days each time you arrive.
Important note: Swiss citizens are also eligible for an Australia ETA!