As stated by Australia’s visa policy, British citizens are eligible for an Australia eVisitor visa. As a result, instead of going to the most convenient Australian embassy to apply for a visa before traveling to Australia, British citizens can apply for their travel document online. iVisa provides a short and swift online application process and you can get your e-visa in just 48 hours.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of the United Kingdom – requirements
Before you do anything else, you have to take care of the requirements. Fortunately, the list is not extensive, and chances are that you already have some (if not all) of the items necessary for the application process. They are as follows:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport at the time of their application. Moreover, the document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia. Do not forget to look at your passport’s expiry date before you apply for an Australia eVisitor.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. However, since the document is electronically linked to your passport, you are not required to print it out. The check-in staff at the airport will be able to confirm your authorization without a physical copy of the document.
- Means of payment – since the entire application process is online, it makes sense for the payment to be made online as well. Nevertheless, iVisa is versatile as far as that goes, which is why you can use multiple methods. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid means of payment.
Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of the United Kingdom – the online form
As soon as you believe yourself to be ready, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. It is a simple task that should take about 20 minutes of your time, but if you need assistance, you can reach iVisa’s customer support and get the help you need. The service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
What you will see once you access the application page is that the form consists of three easy steps. Step number one requires you to give your personal information, as well as passport info and travel details. But this is also the point at which you have to select a processing time for your application. That will establish the cost of your Australia eVisitor visa as well as the timeframe within which it is ready for use. You are given the following options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given. It takes 5 business days for your Australia eVisitor visa to be ready, and you only have to pay a small service fee of $20.
- Rush processing – this is a faster option. iVisa processes your request within 72 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option you can choose it is also the most expensive. You spend $70 to receive your eVisitor visa, but your application is processed in just 48 hours.
When you get to the second step, you are asked to insert your payment details and review your form, while the third step wants you to upload the necessary documents that support your request. As soon as you are done, hit the submit button and your application will be processed within the agreed timeframe.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated about the process of getting an Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of the United Kingdom. The document you receive is valid for 1 year since issue. This is a multiple-entry visa, and you can stay in Australia for no more than 90 days per visit.
Important note: British citizens can also apply for an Australia ETA!