Featured on

Australia visa for Hong Kongers

Australia visa for Hong Kongers
iVisa | Updated on Nov 02, 2018

Australia began the usage of the digital visa program back in 1996, and as of 2013, the current visa applies to many nationalities as well Hong Kongers. The principle is straightforward. Hong Kongers can use online for their visa and get it in a couple of minutes. The document is known as an ETA or Electronic Travel Authorization subclass 601. The difference between the one we have presently and the one we had before 2013 is the present record permits Hong Kongers to go to Australia for both tourism and business functions.

Alt Text

Hong Kongers that uses an ETA can remain in Australia for 3 weeks per visit on a 12-month period. The applicant should not have tuberculosis and must not have any criminal convictions for which the sentence is 12 weeks or longer. It does not matter if the sentence has been completed or not. If you're entitled to an Australia ETA and crossed the items over off the list, you can move and apply online. In order to find out if you are qualified for an Australia ETA, all you have to do would be to utilize the Visa Checker iVisa placed at your disposal. You will know in a matter of seconds.

What do you require?

Applying online has definitely made things a lot simpler for Hong Kongers, but that doesn't mean you do not have to provide important requirements. Before you begin filling in the application form, it's strongly suggested that you collect all the required documents. iVisa asks hardly any things of you, but the files need to be uploaded as indicated. Here is what you want:

  • Valid passport - you can't travel to Australia without passport. If you do not have one, you can fix that by paying a visit to the issuing authority in your country. Ensure that it stays valid for at least three months from your date of arrival in Australia.

  • Payment method- Through the application form, you'll be asked to pay for iVisa's providers so you can submit it. It is possible to use a credit or a debit card, and in case you've got a Paypal accounts, iVisa accepts that as well.

Remember that you will also be required to respond some personal questions. It's nothing out of the ordinary; just a few inquiries such as the reason for your travel, etc. While not especially important, please answer frankly.

If you acquired the 2 things mentioned above, you can proceed and fill in the application form. The process is quite simple, and iVisa has an excellent customer support service that's reachable 24/7.

Processing time and fees for Hong Kongers

The reason the two aspects are discussed collectively is that one affects the other. The Australia ETA itself is free of charge, but you still need to pay for iVisa's services. As for that, they have three available processes. Here are your options:

  • Regular processing time -- that is the cheapest and most commonly used alternative. That's because the entire amount leads to $20. As for the length of time you need to wait for your application to be processed, it takes one business day to receive your ETA. Even though this is the smartest choice, 1 business day is not important.

  • Rush Processing period -- this alternative is a whole lot quicker compared to previous. You will have your own Australia ETA in only 2 hours. As you can anticipate, you have to pay more this time. $50 to become precise

  • Super Rush processing period -- this option is the fastest iVisa provides. It takes 15 minutes to your application to be processed, and you'll be billed $70.

Australia ETA – Application form

The application form is easy to comprehend and fast to complete. It is broken down into two simple steps. The first will ask you to fill in your personal information and choose the processing time. The second will ask you to revise step one and make the payment. After that, you just submit the application, and that is that.

Getting an Australia ETA is one of the simplest things Hong Kongers can do. It requires very little time and effort, and you will be on the next plane out. It definitely beats going to an embassy for a consular visa, does it not?

Share this article on
Need Help?