According to Australia’s visa policy, most nationalities must obtain a visa if they wish to visit the country. However, there are some countries whose citizens can obtain a simple Australia ETA. To learn which one you need, you can use iVisa’s Visa Checker. You can see it in the top right corner of this page. Click on the feature, select your country of origin and put Australia as your destination. You will get the information you need in just a second. Fortunately, the electronic travel authorization is available online, and iVisa can help you get it.
To obtain an ETA for Australia online, you do not need much, and you may already have everything that is required of you. iVisa will ask for the following:
- Valid passport – all applicants must have a valid passport. But that is not enough. The passport needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia.
- Means of online payment – since this is an online application process we are talking about, you will be required to make the payment online. For that, you can use a credit or a debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
- E-mail address – an Australia ETA is electronically linked to your passport, so you do not need to print out the ETA, but we use e-mail as a means of communication, which is why we ask for an address.
How to apply for an ETA for Australia online
The entire application process is online, but you still need to fill in an application form. Lucky for you, iVisa designed a straightforward form so that you do not spend more than 15 minutes completing it. Furthermore, if you need help, iVisa has an excellent support service that is available non-stop and is free of charge.
The application form has two steps. The first one asks for your personal information, some details about your trip, and passport info. You must also select a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that the fees are different for each option. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing time – this is the slowest option iVisa puts at your disposal, but do not think that it takes days for your Australia ETA to be ready. In fact, your application is processed within 1 business day. As far as the fee is concerned, you will be charged $20.
- Rush processing time – if you are looking for something faster, this option may be what you want. Your ETA will be ready within just 2 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest way to get your Australia ETA is if you opt for this processing time. You will get it in just 30 minutes. Of course, it is more expensive as well. It costs $70.
The second step is about payment and revision. You need to make sure that your application does not contain errors because even a single mistake can invalidate your Australia ETA. If you need a new ETA due to a mistake, we can reissue a new one for an additional charge of $5.95. Once the form is complete, you can submit your application.
So, to answer your question, yes, you can get an ETA for Australia online if you are eligible for one. iVisa makes the application process convenient so that you have a positive experience. The Australia ETA is valid for 12 months since issue or until your passport expires (if that happens sooner). You are granted unlimited entries, but you can stay in Australia up to 90 days per entry.