If you plan to travel to Australia for business purposes, you may need a visa, or you may qualify for an ETA. Traveling from a visa-exempt country means that you can avoid the nearest Australian embassy, but you do need to apply for an Australia ETA. It does not matter that you travel for business or pleasure. The ETA is just the same for both categories of people. iVisa can help you obtain the authorization in as little as 30 minutes.
How to apply for a Business ETA for Australia
As mentioned above, the Business ETA and Tourism ETA are the same. There is no distinction between the two. To apply for one, all you have to do is use the services rendered by iVisa. The first thing you need to do is to check if you meet the requirements. After you check eligibility off the list, you need to provide iVisa with the following:
- Valid passport – all applicants must have a valid passport. But that is not enough. The passport needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia.
- Means of online payment – since this is an online application process we are talking about, you will be required to make the payment online. For that, you can use a credit or a debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
- E-mail address – an Australia ETA is electronically linked to your passport, so you do not need to print out the ETA, but we use e-mail as a means of communication, which is why we ask for an address.
Once you notice that you have everything you need, you can proceed to fill in the application form. That is easy enough, and iVisa provides excellent customer support should you need assistance with the application process. The service is available 24/7 and is free of charge.
The form you need to fill in consists of two steps. During the first one, you must provide your general information such as name, address, date of birth, reason for travel, passport info, and so on. You are also asked to select a processing time for your application, but keep in mind that your selection determines the cost of your Australia ETA. Here are the options:
- Standard processing time – this is the slowest option iVisa puts at your disposal, but do not think that it takes days for your Australia ETA to be ready. In fact, your application is processed within 1 business day. As far as the fee is concerned, you will be charged $20.
- Rush processing time – if you are looking for something faster, this option may be what you want. Your ETA will be ready within just 2 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest way to get your Australia ETA is if you opt for this processing time. You will get it in just 30 minutes. Of course, it is more expensive as well. It costs $70.
Step two is about payment and revision. You need to be very careful with the latter because once your application reaches processing, you cannot make corrections, and modifications are charged afterward. It is best if you double-check your form for typos or any other errors before you submit it. Once everything is in check, just hit the submit button and wait.
To answer your question, if you travel for business purposes, you do not need a Business ETA for Australia. You may need a simple Australia ETA. The document is valid for 1 year since issue, and you have unlimited entries. However, you can stay in Australia just up to 90 days at a time.