en | $ USD



Select Your Language

Select Your Currency

  • AED United Arab Emirates Dirham
  • AFN Afghan Afghani
  • ALL Albanian Lek
  • AMD Armenian Dram
  • ANG Netherlands Antillean Guilder
  • AOA Angolan Kwanza
  • ARS Argentine Peso
  • AUD Australian Dollar
  • AWG Aruban Florin
  • AZN Azerbaijani Manat
  • BAM Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Mark
  • BBD Barbadian Dollar
  • BDT Bangladeshi Taka
  • BGN Bulgarian Lev
  • BIF Burundian Franc
  • BMD Bermudan Dollar
  • BND Brunei Dollar
  • BOB Bolivian Boliviano
  • BRL Brazilian Real
  • BSD Bahamian Dollar
  • BWP Botswanan Pula
  • BZD Belize Dollar
  • CAD Canadian Dollar
  • CDF Congolese Franc
  • CHF Swiss Franc
  • CLP Chilean Peso
  • CNY Chinese Yuan
  • COP Colombian Peso
  • CRC Costa Rican Colón
  • CVE Cape Verdean Escudo
  • CZK Czech Republic Koruna
  • DJF Djiboutian Franc
  • DKK Danish Krone
  • DOP Dominican Peso
  • DZD Algerian Dinar
  • EGP Egyptian Pound
  • ETB Ethiopian Birr
  • EUR Euro
  • FJD Fijian Dollar
  • FKP Falkland Islands Pound
  • GBP British Pound Sterling
  • GEL Georgian Lari
  • GIP Gibraltar Pound
  • GMD Gambian Dalasi
  • GNF Guinean Franc
  • GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal
  • GYD Guyanaese Dollar
  • HKD Hong Kong Dollar
  • HNL Honduran Lempira
  • HTG Haitian Gourde
  • HUF Hungarian Forint
  • IDR Indonesian Rupiah
  • ILS Israeli New Sheqel
  • INR Indian Rupee
  • ISK Icelandic Króna
  • JMD Jamaican Dollar
  • JPY Japanese Yen
  • KES Kenyan Shilling
  • KGS Kyrgystani Som
  • KHR Cambodian Riel
  • KMF Comorian Franc
  • KRW South Korean Won
  • KYD Cayman Islands Dollar
  • KZT Kazakhstani Tenge
  • LAK Laotian Kip
  • LBP Lebanese Pound
  • LKR Sri Lankan Rupee
  • LRD Liberian Dollar
  • LSL Lesotho Loti
  • MAD Moroccan Dirham
  • MDL Moldovan Leu
  • MGA Malagasy Ariary
  • MKD Macedonian Denar
  • MNT Mongolian Tugrik
  • MOP Macanese Pataca
  • MUR Mauritian Rupee
  • MVR Maldivian Rufiyaa
  • MWK Malawian Kwacha
  • MXN Mexican Peso
  • MYR Malaysian Ringgit
  • MZN Mozambican Metical
  • NAD Namibian Dollar
  • NGN Nigerian Naira
  • NIO Nicaraguan Córdoba
  • NOK Norwegian Krone
  • NPR Nepalese Rupee
  • NZD New Zealand Dollar
  • OMR Omani Rial
  • PAB Panamanian Balboa
  • PEN Peruvian Nuevo Sol
  • PGK Papua New Guinean Kina
  • PHP Philippine Peso
  • PKR Pakistani Rupee
  • PLN Polish Zloty
  • PYG Paraguayan Guarani
  • QAR Qatari Rial
  • RON Romanian Leu
  • RSD Serbian Dinar
  • RUB Russian Ruble
  • RWF Rwandan Franc
  • SAR Saudi Riyal
  • SBD Solomon Islands Dollar
  • SCR Seychellois Rupee
  • SEK Swedish Krona
  • SGD Singapore Dollar
  • SHP Saint Helena Pound
  • SLL Sierra Leonean Leone
  • SOS Somali Shilling
  • SRD Surinamese Dollar
  • SVC Salvadoran Colón
  • SZL Swazi Lilangeni
  • THB Thai Baht
  • TJS Tajikistani Somoni
  • TOP Tongan Pa anga
  • TRY Turkish Lira
  • TTD Trinidad and Tobago Dollar
  • TWD New Taiwan Dollar
  • TZS Tanzanian Shilling
  • UAH Ukrainian Hryvnia
  • UGX Ugandan Shilling
  • USD United States Dollar
  • UYU Uruguayan Peso
  • UZS Uzbekistan Som
  • VND Vietnamese Dong
  • VUV Vanuatu Vatu
  • WST Samoan Tala
  • XAF CFA Franc BEAC
  • XCD East Caribbean Dollar
  • XPF CFP Franc
  • YER Yemeni Rial
  • ZAR South African Rand
  • ZMW Zambian Kwacha
134,750+ Travel Documents processed by iVisa

1.2M happy customers


+46,000 reviews

10 years of experience

98% visa approval rate

How to Apply: Visa (ETA)

Fill out online application

Complete our easy online application and pay with credit card or PayPal

Receive document via email

No need to deal with the embassy. We do it for you so you don't lose valuable time

Enter destination

Present your Passport and the Document we provide upon entry to destination country

How to Apply: Embassy Registration

Fill Out Online Application

Complete our easy online application and pay with credit card or PayPal

Travel Safely

Your embassy will assist you if an emergency (eg. Natural disasters, civil unrest, etc) occur

Why Register with the Embassy

Travel Registration is a service provided by the government. This service allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad to the Department of State so it can be used to assist you in case of an emergency. People residing abroad can also get routine information from their nearest embassy or consulate if registered.

Required Information to Apply

Once You Have Registered With Your Embassy Or Consulate, You Will Need To Update Your Data If:

  • your contact details change,
  • your civil status changes,
  • you are going back to your home country.

Learn More: Visa (ETA)

What you need to know

  • The Australian ETA is a Multiple Entry travel document with a validity period of up to 1 year after issued, allowing a maximum stay of 90 days Per Entry.

  • Your ETA does not allow you to work within Australia; it is intended only for business and tourist activities.

  • You can't apply for your ETA from Australia. You will need to complete your application from your country of origin.

Apply today for your Australia ETA (Subclass 601) with us!

Last updated: May 2024

Australia, a land of stunning beaches, unique wildlife, and vibrant cities, is calling. With the Australia Electronic Travel Authority (ETA), traveling to this dream destination has never been easier.

We make the Australia ETA process seamless and straightforward. Our efficient online platform and user-friendly mobile app are designed to take the hassle out of your travel preparations.

Fill me in

What is the Australia ETA?

The Australia ETA is an electronic travel authorization issued to eligible travelers who want to visit Australia for short stays.

And here's the best part: the entire process is online, quick, and hassle-free. No embassy visits or queues at the airport when you arrive in the country.

What can I do with the ETA?

The Australia ETA allows you to:

  • Travel as a tourist.

  • Visit family or friends.

  • Visit for business, including making business inquiries, attending conferences, or participating in trade fairs.

  • Study or train for up to 3 months (if your main purpose is studying, opt for a student visa instead).

What can’t I do with the ETA?

You can’t:

  • Train in childcare, healthcare, or for professions like a doctor or nurse.

  • Sell directly to the public in Australia.

  • Take up paid employment in Australia.

  • Live in Australia.

Eligibility criteria for the Australia ETA

Besides nationality, you must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the ETA:

  • Be a genuine visitor: You will visit Australia for a temporary stay and obey any condition or stay period attached to your ETA.

  • Be in good health: If you plan to use the Australian health care or hospital environments, you should apply for a Australia Visitor Visa (subclass 600) instead.

  • Be of good character: If you have a criminal record in any country, you will need to apply for a Visitor Visa (subclass 600) and provide information about your criminal convictions.

  • No debts owed to the Australian government: If you or any family members owe the Australian government money, it needs to be paid back or have an arrangement in place to repay it before applying.

  • Best interests of the child: In the case of applicants under 18 years old, the ETA is granted only if it's in the best interest of the child.

Who can apply for the Australia ETA?

You must hold a valid passport from an eligible country to be able to apply for an ETA. Enter your nationality at the top of this page to find out if you're eligible for one.

Who is exempt from getting an ETA for Australia?

Australian citizens don’t need to apply and can enter the country without a visa. New Zealand citizens can get a visa on arrival and don’t need to apply beforehand.

Do minors have to apply for the Australia ETA?

Yes, if they come from an eligible country. Parents/legal guardians can apply on their behalf.

Australia ETA validity: How long can you stay in the country?

With the ETA, you can visit Australia as often as you like within a 12-month period. You can stay up to 90 days Per Entry.

Extending the Australia ETA

The Australia ETA cannot be extended. If you wish to stay longer, you'll need to apply for an Australian visa.

Australia ETA: Required documents

For the Australia ETA, the required documents are minimal, reflecting the simplicity of the process. Generally, you'll need:

  • A valid passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Australia.

  • Passport photo: It should be recent.

  • Email address: The ETA is electronically linked to your passport, and all communication regarding the status of your ETA will be sent via email.

  • Payment method: A credit or debit card, or another accepted payment method, to pay the visa fees.

How to apply for an Australian ETA with us

The whole process is super easy and takes 15 minutes or less.

Step 1: Fill in your details on our platform or through our mobile app. To avoid errors, double-check that all the information matches your passport.

Step 2: Select how soon you want to receive your ETA and pay the fees.

Step 3: Upload a copy of your passport and submit your application.

Once your ETA is approved, you will receive it via email. This ETA is not placed in your passport but is electronically linked to it. We always recommend printing it out and saving a copy on your mobile device.

Australia ETA: Costs and processing times

The government fee of the ETA is USD $13.55.

For your convenience, we offer three different processing options to meet your budget and timeline:

  • Standard: Our most affordable option, best for those who have booked their trip well in advance.

  • Rush: If you need the ETA a little quicker than usual, choose this option for an additional fee.

  • Super Rush: Get your ETA in the quickest time possible for an express fee.

It's important to note that the processing costs associated with using our service do not include the official government visa fee.

Do I need the Australia ETA to transit through the country?

If you're transiting through Australia for less than 8 hours and you remain in the transit area, you don't have to apply for an ETA.

We recommend checking the website of your local Australian embassy or consulate to get the latest information.

Differences between the Australia Visitor Visa, eVisitor Visa, and the ETA

The Australia Visitor Visa (Subclass 600), eVisitor Visa (Subclass 651), and the Australia ETA (Subclass 601) are all travel documents that allow entry into Australia. However, they cater to different travel needs and have distinct characteristics.

  • ETA: This is an electronic authorization granted to citizens of specific countries. It permits multiple entries, with each stay up to 3 months within a 12-month period. The ETA is typically used for tourism and short-term business trips.

  • eVisitor Visa: Available only to passport holders of certain European countries. You can stay up to 3 months per visit within a 12-month period. The online application process is similar to the ETA, but may require more documentation.

  • Visitor Visa: This visa is for individuals who plan to visit Australia for tourism, business, or family visits. It allows stays of up to 3, 6, or 12 months. The application process typically includes an embassy visit.

Choosing which travel document to apply for depends on your nationality and the purpose of your stay.

Need more information about the Australia ETA?

If you have any questions, contact our customer support agents via the online chat or WhatsApp.


You should contact our customer service team as soon as possible. Our visa experts are available 24/7, and they will be happy to help you resolve the problem.
No, the Australia ETA allows travel for tourism and business purposes for up to three months at a time. This visa doesn’t permit you to work in any activity.

iVisa reviews your documents and assists you during the application process to avoid rejection. However, if the Australian government rejects or cancels your application, you are eligible for a full refund of the iVisa processing fee related to the number of rejected applicants. Other than that, we do not refund the government fees.

You may consider re-applying for the Australia ETA, depending on the reasons for cancellation or rejection.

In this case, you need a new passport and a new ETA as well. The ETA is linked to the passport, so the travel authorization in a previous passport can no longer be used once a new passport has been issued.
At iVisa, we understand that your time is valuable, and we strive to provide you with the fastest service possible. Our processing times are estimated based on the average duration it takes governments to process visa applications. These estimated times begin from the moment we receive all the correct information for your application until you receive your visa. While we work diligently to expedite the process, it’s important to note that we are reliant on the processing times set by the government authorities.
Chat on WhatsApp
Intercom Chat