Starting from January 2017, Azerbaijan has launched a system called the ASAN visa which allows the citizens of 93 countries to acquire an electronic visa that allows travelers to cross the border. It was an essential step for the development of tourism, and people who want to take a trip there could not be happier. Applying for a visa online instead of going to the diplomatic mission is a huge improvement.
Canada is one of those 93 countries, so if you are a Canadian citizen who is planning a trip to Azerbaijan, you are in luck. You can apply for an Azerbaijan evisa using the services provided by iVisa. The process is entirely online, and you will be done with it in 20 minutes.
What documents you need?
Before applying, make sure that you have the requested documents at hand. That way the process will run smoother. Here is the list of what you need:
Valid passport – if you already have one, make sure that it is valid for at least another three months after your electronic visa expires. This is a general requirement for people who travel to Azerbaijan.
A digital scan of your passport – in order to apply online, you need to scan your passport and upload it to the upload page when iVisa asks for it. This happens in the third step of the application form.
Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit or a debit card, but if you have a Paypal account, you can use that instead of a card.
- Valid e-mail address – when it is ready, the evisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. For that to happen, you need a valid e-mail address. Double-check the spelling before submitting your application.
The Application Form
After you gathered all the documents you need, you can move on to the application form itself. It should not take more than 20 minutes to complete, and if you need some help, you can call iVisa’s support service. Someone will help you every step of the way.
The first step consists of you filling in your basic information. That is simple, obviously. At the same time, step one requires you to select the processing time of the application. You have three options: Standard, Rush, and Super Rush. The differences between the three are the amount of time you have to wait for your visa to arrive and the price. The Standard costs $45 and your visa arrives within four business days, the Rush means that your application is processed within two business days and costs $75, and the last one will have your visa ready within one business day and costs $95.
The second step of the application process consists of a simple revision and payment. The revision is necessary so that you can double check everything you put in during the completion of step one. It is crucial that all the information is accurate. Also, the payment can be made using one of the means mentioned above. The last stage will ask you to upload the scan you made of your passport. That is how you prove that you have one. Also, you will be asked to answer a few personal questions.
After you are done with all that, you can hit the submit button and wait for the visa to arrive in your inbox. The document you receive will allow you to stay in Azerbaijan for 30 days, but if you stay for longer than 10 days, do not forget to register your trip with the State Migration Service in Azerbaijan.
Apply for an Azerbaijan Visa
- Azerbaijan Visa Application Form
- Azerbaijan Visa Cost
- Azerbaijan Visa Fee for Citizens of Pakistan
- Azerbaijan Visa Policy
- Azerbaijan Visa Requirements
- Azerbaijan Visa Requirements for UK Citizens
- Azerbaijan Visa Requirements for the Citizens of Pakistan
- Azerbaijan Visa for Indians
- Azerbaijan Visa for Pakistan
- Azerbaijan Visa for UAE Citizens
- Azerbaijan Visa for UK Citizens
- Azerbaijan Visa for US Citizens
- Azerbaijan Visa for the Citizens of Canada
- Azerbaijan Visa for the Citizens of Iran
- Azerbaijan Visa for the Citizens of Singapore
- Azerbaijan Visa on Arrival
- How to do an Azerbaijan Visa check Online
- How to get an Azerbaijan Visa if you are from Hong Kong