Learn More: Tourist eVisa
The tiny island nation of Bahrain is a favorite getaway for weekenders from Saudi Arabia and Formula 1 Grand Prix fans. In this mosque-studded city, UNESCO World Heritage sites coexist with still-bustling bazaars and carpet shops, while skyscrapers house luxury hotels.
Whether you're visiting the Persian Gulf for tourism or business, it's essential to check the Bahrain visa requirements before you pack your bags. Luckily, iVisa.com is here to give you the most up-to-date information for your upcoming trip and help you get your Bahrain visa without hassle.
What is the Bahrain visa?
Bahrain has reintroduced the visa on arrival at all the Kingdom's entry points as of 4 September 2020. Travelers can also get Bahrain visas in advance through an online visa application process.
Please note: Holders of a valid visa for Bahrain can enter without the need for an invitation letter. However, this excludes the Bahrain visa on arrival issued at ports and airports.
The term "eVisa" refers to a visa that does not have a visible stamp or label. This is an electronic visa for which you can apply online, and the validity of the visa will be recognized at the border when you enter Bahrain. The Bahrain eVisa, which can be obtained through iVisa.com, is an example of this.
Do I need a visa to visit Bahrain?
The Kingdom of Bahrain requires a visa for visitors from most countries except those from the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC visa-exempt countries are: Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates).
If you wish to enter Bahrain for tourism, visiting family, or attending a sports event, we can help you with your electronic visa application. Contact your nearest Bahrain embassy for business visas or other purposes for your visit.
How long can I stay in Bahrain with the electronic visa?
The Bahrain visa is valid for 30 days after issued and is a Multiple Entry online visa. The applicant must reapply if the eVisa expires before entering the Kingdom of Bahrain.
From the date of issue, you have 30 days to enter Bahrain.
Bahrain visa requirements and required documents
To start the online application process for the Bahrain visa, you need to provide the following documents and information:
- A copy of the photo page of the applicant's valid passport. Additionally, holders of Indian passports must submit a copy of the last page of their passport.
- A copy of your return flight ticket.
Please note, depending on your nationality, you may also have to provide the following documents for your Bahrain visa application form:
- A copy of your hotel booking confirmation for your stay in Bahrain or a copy of a relative's CPR Reader's printout. (if applicable)
- A copy of a stamped bank statement under the traveler's name for the past three months, with an end balance of 800 USD or more. (if applicable)
Do I need a Bahrain eVisa if I'm transiting through the Kingdom of Bahrain?
No, you don't need to go through the Bahrain visa application process to transit at the airport, as long as you hold confirmed plane tickets and the necessary travel documents for your destination country.
How do I apply online for the Bahrain eVisa with iVisa.com?
Get your Bahrain tourist e-visa in three easy steps:
- First, read all the information and fill out your details in the Bahrain visa application form. Then, choose the preferred processing time.
- Second, double-check and verify your information and pay the iVisa.com processing fee (see below for more information on service fees).
- Third, attach any documents required and click on the submit button to apply for your Bahrain tourist e-visa.
Please read all the info carefully and double-check the spelling. If you make a mistake and have already submitted the online form, it may be difficult for us to change this.
Once the online application is submitted and accepted, a confirmation of your Bahrain eVisa document will be sent per email. The eVisa will also be electronically linked to the applicant's passport.
What is the processing time and service fee to get a Bahrain visa?
At iVisa.com, we are ready to help you obtain your Bahrain eVisa before departure. There are three options of processing times and visa fees to choose from, depending on your needs and how fast you need your Bahrain eVisa.
Please note that a government fee of USD 79.00 will be charged on top of iVisa.com's service fee:
- Standard Processing Time: This option takes max. 7 Business Days and costs USD 35.00. It is a perfect choice for travelers whose arrival date is at least a few weeks in the future.
- Rush Processing Time: You will receive your Health Declaration faster than the standard option, in just 6 Business Days, for USD 65.00.
- Super Rush Processing Time: If you need the document urgently before travel, you can use this express option, which will take only 5 Business Days for a fee of USD 100.00.
Do children need a visa to visit Bahrain?
Yes, all foreign citizens wishing to travel to Bahrain for tourism require a visa, including children.
COVID-19 requirements and restrictions for Bahrain
Travel to Bahrain remains possible, including for transit passengers. From 20 February 2022, there are no PCR testing nor quarantine requirements for any visitors, regardless of their vaccination status.
You also do not need to demonstrate your COVID-19 vaccination status to enter Bahrain.
What else should I keep in mind before traveling to Bahrain?
Bahrain is an important business and tourist destination both in Saudi Arabia and in the Middle East. While Bahrain locals tolerate foreigners and those from other faiths, just as in many countries in the Middle East, travelers should familiarize themselves with the country's culture and local laws to avoid offending their hosts.
Dress etiquette in Bahrain
Just as in every country with a majority-Muslim population, avoid violating cultural and religious norms and make sure to dress conservatively in public.
Women should cover their shoulders, knees, and midriff and avoid wearing any clothing that shows underwear. While men face far fewer restrictions, it is generally considered inappropriate for men to wear shorts in public.
Who can I speak to if I have more questions?
If you need assistance or would like to talk to one of our visa experts about your application for your upcoming trip to Bahrain, don't hesitate to contact our customer service team, available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week at [email protected].
Required Documents to Apply
A photocopy of the photo page of the applicant's passport. Indian passport holders must additionally supply a copy of the passport's last page.
A copy of a return air ticket.
According to your nationality, you will be required to upload some additional documents:
A copy of your hotel booking in Bahrain. Alternatively, in case you are staying with a relative or friend, you must provide a copy of their CPR Reader's printout.
A copy of a stamped bank statement under the visitor's name dated within the past three months with an ending balance of no less than the equivalent of 800 USD.
US RESIDENTS ONLY: To return to the US you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test the day before your entry date. Don’t waste time looking for a test lab in Bahrain. Simplify travel with the purchase of an eMed test kit. Order yours now and pack it in your luggage. Then follow the Certified Guide’s online instructions to take the mandatory test 24 hours before your journey back to the US.
The Bahrain e-Visa is valid for 30 days after issued.
The expiry date on the visa page is for your first entry date into Bahrain only, after which you receive the full validity period.
The Bahrain e-Visa comes with Multiple Entry and with a maximum stay of 30 days Per Entry.
Applicants must be outside the Kingdom of Bahrain when applying for this visa.
You must enter Bahrain through the airport. You cannot use this visa to enter Bahrain via the King Fahad Causeway.
A proof of accommodation is required to obtain the travel document. The dates in this document MUST match the travel dates selected in the application. This is a requirement that is demanded by the government in order to issue the travel document.
You must have a valid/confirmed onward travel ticket to leave Bahrain.
You must be capable of supporting yourself (and dependents if traveling with you) financially during the visit.
The visa expiry date is the latest date on which you may enter Bahrain with this e-Visa.
If the visa expires before entry to the Kingdom of Bahrain, the applicant must reapply.
Your visa must expire before you can apply for another. Note that visas are issued one at a time.
The purpose of visit must be tourism, business or investment.
You must not take up paid employment during your visit to Bahrain.
Your passport must be valid for the length of time you will be in Bahrain, or the length of the visa, whichever is longer.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Are there yellow fever vaccination requirements in Bahrain?
A yellow fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link:
What conditions must the applicant’s passport meet for the Bahrain e-Visa?
How many entries do I get with the Bahrain e-Visa?
How long can I stay in Bahrain?
Can I apply for the e-Visa in Bahrain?
Do I need to enter Bahrain on the exact date specified in my e-Visa application?
If I already possess a valid Bahrain e-Visa, can I apply for a new e-Visa again?
How do I know if my Bahrain e-Visa is still valid for travel to Bahrain?
What are the conditions for being granted Bahrain e-visa?
- You have to be outside of Bahrain
- You must have a valid passport document
- You must have Return Flight Tickets
- You must be able to support yourself while in Bahrain
- Your entry should not violate the security and welfare of Bahrain nationals
- You have to use your Bahrain e-Visa within 30 days of its approval
- In order to apply for another visa, you must have used your previous visa, or it needs to have expired.
Is it possible to extend my e-Visa to stay longer in Bahrain?
What should I do if my Bahrain e-Visa application is not approved?
Learn more about Bahrain Tourism
Where can I read more?
- How Long Does It Take To Get A Visa For Bahrain
- How Many Types Of Visas Are There In Bahrain
- Bahrain visa for Russians
- Bahrain visa for Jordanians
- BAHRAIN VISA FOR TURKISH
- BAHRAIN VISA FOR EGYPTIANS
- BAHRAIN VISA FOR KENYAN
- Bahrain Visa for US Citizens
- Bahrain eVisa Frequently Asked Questions
- BAHRAIN VISA FOR SOUTH AFRICAN
- Bahrain Vaccine Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Bahrain?
- Bahrain visa for Moroccans
- BAHRAIN VISA FOR INDIANS
- Bahrain Visa for UK Citizens
- Bahrain eVisa for Pakistani
- Germany visa Bahrain - Bahrain visa for German citizens
- How can I obtain the Bahrain 14 day quarantine requirement?
- Bahrain visa for Chinese Citizens
- Bahrain visa for Canadians
- Bahrain visa for Cameroonians
- Bahrain visa for Swiss citizen
- Bahrain Visa Policy
- How Travelers Can Get a Bahrain Visa Extension
- Bahrain visa for Senegalese
- Bahrain visa for French
- Bahrain visa for Ghanaians
- BAHRAIN VISA FOR SINGAPOREAN
- Bahrain visa for Thai
- BAHRAIN EVISA FOR PORTUGUESE
- BAHRAIN EVISA FOR POLISH CITIZENS
- BAHRAIN VISA FOR MEXICAN
- Bahrain visa for Malaysian
- BAHRAIN VISA FOR JAPANESE
- BAHRAIN VISA FOR COLOMBIANS
- BAHRAIN VISA FOR BULGARIAN
- BAHRAIN VISA FOR BRAZILIANS
- BAHRAIN VISA FOR AUSTRALIANS