Bermuda is the paradise for international visitors. Pristine water, fabulous weather and just a relaxing feeling all around. Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus pandemic, Bermuda authorities decided to closed its borders in order to prevent further cases within the island. But since July 1st, 2020 we got some amazing news! Bermuda is welcoming international travel again and now you get to enjoy your summer on this incredible heaven.
As a citizen of the United Kingdom you are more than welcome into Bermuda but be aware you will need to follow certain health guidelines to continue to be safe and keep secure the Bermuda population. You will essentially have to go through the Bermuda Travel Authorization.
The Travel Authorization process will allow you a smooth entrance to Bermuda and enjoy your holiday to the fullest. You might have some questions about this document so keep on reading our FAQS to find out more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) by UK citizens
What is the Bermuda Travel Authorization?
The Bermuda Travel Authorization is a mandatory application for any UK citizen or international traveller arriving in Bermuda. The Bermuda government has established a set of rules for health control purposes and nobody is exempt. This is the only procedure you will have to follow to enjoy your time in Bermuda and as a way to keep you safe from coronavirus.
What information is included in the Travel Authorization?
The Bermuda Travel Authorization will request UK citizens for personal details, health-related questions, passport data and other information relevant for the Bermuda government. All the information provided will be used to evaluate your current health condition and the Travel Authorization will also include a COVID-19 test upon arrival.
Do I need to take a coronavirus test when I arrive?
Yes! The test will be part of your Travel Authorization process to enter Bermuda and will confirm that you are negative for the virus. If you are travelling with children keep an eye on the following information:
- Any child 9 or under will not go through any testing.
- If your child is between the ages of 10 to 17, they need parental consent for the testing. If parents refuse the test, the child will have to do a 14-day quarantine in the country.
Remember that UK citizens with any symptoms such as fever (over 38 C° / 100.4 F°), vomit or diarrhoea happening on the last 48 hours before the trip will be prohibited from travelling to Bermuda.
How long is the Travel Authorization valid?
Your Travel Authorization will only be valid for the dates confirmed in your application. If by any chance you change your itinerary or stay longer than expected, you will need to ask for a new Travel Authorization with the new valid dates.
Check your travel dates and request here.
What information iVisa needs for my application?
Our application will be made simple for you and we will request just the information essential for the Bermuda authorities as well as the following:
- A passport scan with a clear view of your photo and personal information.
- A valid email address, we will answer you through email so this is very important.
- A payment option, you can pay with a Paypal account or use your credit/debit card.
Which is the time to process my Travel Authorization?
iVisa works around the clock to get your requirements ready, for this reason, you have three options to choose from:
- Standard service, use iVisa regular service and get the minimum charge for it.
- Rush service, choose the rush option and the process will be done in a very short time.
- Super rush service, your trip is happening very soon and you need your document now, get our super rush choice.
Ready to start your application? Start your Travel Authorization by applying here.
Can you detail the application process with iVisa?
iVisa manages a simple online form to get your application process started soon. Please, go through the following steps with us:
- First: write down all the information requested and select the processing time of your preference.
- Second: give the last look at your information and pay attention to any mistakes. Decide a payment method either with credit/debit card or with a Paypal account.
- Third: attach a scan of your passport and submit the full form.
Although our process seems simple we want to provide you with extra help from our customer service team, you can reach them at any time with your inquiries.
Is iVisa a safe option?
Yes! Our team works alongside the safest procedures and ensures the transparency of the applications. Even without a direct connection to the Bermuda government, iVisa knows profoundly all sorts of applications to entry Bermuda during coronavirus. We have a large list of satisfied customers who share their opinions here, check them out!
I want to have more information, whom should I contact?
We have a full group of support agents waiting on your message to solve any doubts about your application. You can chat with them and get any doubts out of the way. Don’t think any longer to apply for your Travel Authorization, the time to travel to Bermuda is now!