Canada is one of the four countries for whose citizens Brazil started to release electronic visas as of January 2018. It is a huge step that allows Canadians to apply for a Brazil evisa from the comfort of their own home. If you are Canadian, you can enjoy an online process that is simple, fast, and most important of all, cheap.
First, let’s talk about what it used to mean to get a visa for Brazil. You needed to take off work because the embassy is opened only during business hours, which in itself means that you would lose money. Also, depending on your location, you were supposed to travel to the nearest diplomatic mission. They do not have those in every city. That is another cost. Last but not least, for some people, their time is more valuable than anything else, which is why iVisa can help you be done with the process in about 20 minutes with very little money.
The cost of a Brazil e-visa for Canadians depends on one thing only: the processing time. iVisa understands that people may have different needs, which is why it gives you three options. The principle is simple: the faster you need the visa, the more you have to pay. The price of the document itself remains the same, $44.50, but the service fee goes higher if you want the waiting time shortened. Here is a list of what you can choose from:
Standard processing time – this is the cheapest option you have. Most people go with it because they usually plan ahead and they do not need it any faster. Your application will be processed within 10 business days, and you only have to pay $69.50 or the equivalent in your country’s currency. The price of the visa itself is $44.50, and the rest is a service fee for iVisa.
Rush processing time – if you choose this option, your visa will arrive via e-mail within 6 business days. As you can expect, you need to pay more for this timeframe. It costs $99.50. The cost of the visa remains the same, but the service fee is higher this time ($55). It shortens the waiting period with four days, which for some people may prove useful.
- Super Rush processing time – if you want your Brazil eVisa as fast as possible, this is the option you want. Your application will be processed within 4 business days. However, the cost is higher as well. You will be charged a total of $134.50, $44.50 for the visa, and $90 as a service fee. It is ideal for people who have family in Brazil and have an emergency. Also, if you forgot about the visa and have six days to your departure date, this might as well be your only option. Either way, it comes in handy.
Apart from that, you can also pay a fee for an embassy registration. Basically, you tell your embassy that you leave for Brazil. It only costs $6.95, but it may prove more than useful. In case something terrible happens in Brazil, your embassy will know that you are there and provide assistance. It is unlikely, but you never know, and the fee is insignificant.
The payment will be made during the application process. You can use a credit or debit card, and if you have a Paypal account, you can use that too. There are no hidden fees whatsoever, and if you think about it, the costs of a Brazil visa for Canadians is way lower when you apply online.
Apply for a Brazil Visa
- Brazil Visa Application Form
- Brazil Visa Duration
- Brazil Visa Fee for Australians
- Brazil Visa Fee for Canadians
- Brazil Visa Fee for Japanese Citizens
- Brazil Visa Fee for US Citizens
- Brazil Visa Requirements
- Brazil Visa Requirements for Australians
- Brazil Visa Requirements for Canadians
- Brazil Visa Requirements for Japanese Citizens
- Brazil Visa Requirements for US Citizens
- Brazil e-Visa Price, Fees, and Costs
- Brazil e-Visa Processing Time
- Brazil e-Visa for Australians
- Brazil e-Visa for Canadians
- Brazil e-Visa for Japanese Citizens
- Brazil e-Visa for US Citizens