Historical temples, preserved nature, and beaches with turquoise waters: Cambodia can be a fantastic travel destination. The country is home to the Angkorian temple, built between 802 and 1432, and the largest city in the world during the medieval age. But there are also natural landscapes to appreciate, from the sandy beaches of Koh Rong Samloem to the wildlife in the Mundulkiri province, that you can see close in the Elephant Valley Project.
Before livingthis adventure, you must apply for a Cambodia visa for citizens of Afghanistan. A tourist visa is mandatory for an Afghanistan passport holder to visit the country. But no stress, since an Afghanistan citizen is eligible for the e-Visa, the visa application process is straightforward, especially if you count on iVisa services.
With the Cambodia visa application online, you don’t need to get an embassy visa. All you need to apply for theCambodia visa is to meet the entry requirements and a device with an internet connection. You’ll fill out the online application form and then receive the Cambodia tourist visa via email. iVisa does the hard work, so you can plan your trip, relax and be ready to enjoy your vacation!
Read below all details you need to know about the Cambodia visa for Afghanistan, such as the visa requirements, visa fee, and steps to submit the visa application.
Cambodia Visa for Afghanistan
Since April 2016, the Cambodia tourist visa has been available through a Cambodia visa application online for some foreign nationals. Luckily, Afghanistan passport holders are one of eligable nationalities so, there’s no need to visit an embassy to get a visa.
It’s important to know that Afghanistan citizens need to cross the border through the international airports of Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville to use this Cambodia tourist visa. To enter Cambodia through other airports, you need an embassy tourist visa.
Once you are ready to apply for the Cambodia visa online, the process is very simple. In a few minutes, you will complete the application form with your personal information, and then our team of visa experts will do the rest.
But be aware that an Afghanistan passport holder can only use the Cambodia tourist visa for tourism purposes. If you travel for business or medical treatments, check the visa policy with your nearest embassy.
The Cambodia visa online permits Afghanistan citizens a single entry and a maximum stay of 30 days in Total. The visa is valid for 90 days after issued.
Cambodia tourist visa requirements for Afghanistan passport holders
Applying online, Afghanistan citizens have the facility of submitting an application form from wherever they are. The process takes only a few minutes, and there’s no waiting in lines. But the applicant still has some requirements to meet.
Read the document checklist below to apply for the Cambodia visa:
- Valid passport: All travelers must have a passport valid for at least six months to apply for the Cambodia visa.
- Applicant photo: It is essential to have a passport photo attached to the application to process the Cambodia visa. You must meet the requirements for a passport-size photograph. You can also count on iVisa photo visa services to get one online.
- Email address: When you apply with iVisa, the Cambodia visa will be sent to you by email.
- Proof of accommodation: You need to include the information about the accommodations you have booked and sometimes the flight ticket, while filling out the Cambodia visa application.
- Means of payment: You will need a credit card or debit card to pay the visa fee. If the immigration authorities request any additional documentation, the iVisa team will contact you and help you submit all the information needed for a successful application.
How to get the Cambodia visa
If you choose to use iVisa services, getting the visa online is an effortless process. It takes only a few minutes to complete the application form, and when the Cambodia visa is processed, you will receive it in your email.
It couldn’t be easier to travel to Cambodia! Check the steps to apply for the visa:
- First, you’ll fill out the form on the iVisa application page. You will be asked to complete the form with your basic data and to select the processing time for your Cambodia visa.
- Second, you need to review the personal information and pay the visa fee. As the information you have entered is valuable, you need to check that everything is filled in correctly so that you don't have any problems with your arrival to Cambodia.
- Third, you submit the form and wait for the visa to arrive in your email inbox.
Processing time and visa fee
iVisa offers three processing options to apply for the Cambodia Visa online; all prices include the service and visa fee. You can choose which one suits your budget and the time you have available before travel.
- Standard Processing Time - 5 Business Days - USD $86.99. It’s a good idea if you still have time until departure and want a low-budget option.
- Rush Processing Time - 3 Business Days - USD $121.99. It’s an option if you’re in a hurry. You can get the visa faster, paying a little bit more.
- Super Rush Processing Time - 2 Business Days - USD $162.99. Super Rush Processing is the best option if you urgently need a visa, like for a last-minute trip.
Cambodia visa for Afghanistan: Sample
Are you working on your itinerary for your vacation in Cambodia? Here are some travel tips about what you should visit in this wonderful country.
The Angkor Archaeological Park is definitely a place worth visiting. The park is home to Angkor Wat, rated as one of the world's must-see ancient sites. The temple is also the world's largest religious building. It’s impossible not to be amazed by the Angkorian period's architectural achievements.
Cambodia's south coastline is ideal for enjoying the days at the beach. The Koh Rong Samloem island is just as beautiful as its Thailand counterparts to the west. The advantage is that they are much less visited than Thai beaches, so you don’t have to compete with crowds for a good space in the sand.
For those who look for adventure and contact with nature, the advice is to go to the countryside, to the Mundulkiri Province. There, you will find amazing places for wildlife spotting, will know more about the village life, can do trail-bike tours, and visit the Elephant Valley Project.