As stated by Cambodia’s visa policy, South African citizens are eligible for an electronic visa when they travel to Cambodia. As a result, you can apply online for your visa using the service rendered by iVisa. However, remember that the e-visa is only valid at the following points of entry: Phnom Penh International Airport, Siem Reap International Airport, Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province), Bavet (Svay Rieng Province), Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province), Tropaeng Kreal (Stung Treng Province), and Sihanoukville International Airport.
Cambodia visa for South Africans – the requirements
The first thing on your mind should be about meeting the requirements. Once you make sure of that, you can get the application process started. Here is what you will need for a Cambodia e-visa:
- Valid passport – to be able to apply for a Cambodia e-visa, you must be a passport holder. However, check its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Cambodia. You also need to scan the passport’s information page. You will be asked to upload it during the online application process.
- Digital passport photo – the picture must follow some basic passport photo guidelines. For example, it needs to be taken as recently as possible, on a white background, and so on.
- E-mail address – you will receive your Cambodia visa via e-mail in PDF format, which is why the address you give when you fill in the form needs to be valid and spelled correctly. You have to print out at least two copies before your departure.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa is versatile as far as paying for services goes. You can use multiple methods such as credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
Cambodia visa for South Africans – the online application form
After you succeed in putting together all of the above, you can move forward with the application process and fill in the form. It should take you about 20 minutes to do complete it, but if you find yourself in need of assistance, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and is free of charge. The application form you have to go over consists of three easy steps. Step number one wants you to provide general information about yourself and your trip, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application. Remember that the cost of your Cambodia e-visa is determined by your choice. As to that, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. It costs only $56, and your application is processed within 4 business days.
- Rush processing – the amount of time you need to wait for your Cambodia visa is 2 business days, and the fee is $86.
- Super Rush processing – the fastest option you have is also the priciest. Your request is processed within only 24 hours, but as you can imagine, the fee goes higher as well. You will be charged $116. Step number two consists of revision and payment, while the third requires you to provide iVisa with the supporting documents of your application. You will have to upload them as per iVisa’s instructions. After you are finished, just submit your request and iVisa will take it further. The bottom line is that the process of getting a Cambodia visa is an easy task for South Africans. The Cambodia e-visa you receive is valid for 90 days since issuance, it grants you a single entry, and you can stay in Cambodia for a period that cannot exceed 30 days.