The citizens of al European Union countries are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Canada. It goes without saying that the citizens of Austria are exempt as well. Nevertheless, as an Austrian citizen, you still need to get a Canada ETA before your departure. Fortunately, the document can be obtained online using the services rendered by iVisa.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Austria – requirements
Before you proceed to fill in the application form, you need to ensure that you have at hand everything necessary for the online process. But even so, the list of requirements is short, and you should have no issues in acquiring the items on it. What you need is as follows:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Austria – the online application form
As soon as you gather the items above, you are ready to fill in the application form. The whole task should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you need any help or if you have questions, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is reachable via online chat or phone 24/7 and is entirely free of charge.
There are three steps you need to go over. During the first one, iVisa asks for your personal information, passport info, and travel details. You are also required to choose a processing time for your application so that the cost of your Canada ETA can be established. You are provided with three options, and they are as follows:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
The second step consists of payment and revision. Do not forget to correct any mistakes you may have made in your form because errors lead to an invalid Canada ETA. The third and last step requires you to upload any documents that support your application. As soon as you are done with the form, you can click on the submit button and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that the online process of getting a Canada Visa for the citizens of Austria requires little effort when you apply with iVisa. The Canada ETA is valid for 5 years since issue, or until your passport expires, it grants multiple entries, and you are allowed to stay in Canada for no more than 6 months per visit.