Same as many other nationalities, the citizens of Belgium are not required to obtain a visa when they travel to Canada for tourism purposes. That is because as a Belgian, you are visa-exempt. However, you do need to apply for a Canada ETA before departure and iVisa can help you get it in as little as half an hour.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Belgium – requirements
If there is one thing you do not have to worry about is meeting the requirements. The list is short, and the items on it are easy to obtain. iVisa will ask that you have at hand the following during the online application process:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Belgium – the online application form
After you gather all of the above, you can move on and fill in the application form. If, at any moment, you need some help completing this task, feel free to reach iVisa’s customer support via phone or online chat. The service is free of charge and available non-stop.
You will notice that iVisa broke down the form into three easy steps. Step number one requires you to provide personal information such as name, address, phone number, date of birth, etc. Passport info and details about your trip are necessary as well. Plus, you are asked to choose a processing time for your application. Your choice determines the cost of your Canada ETA. You can opt for one of the following options:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
Reaching step number two, you need to cover the payment and carefully review your form so that it does not contain any mistakes, while step number three wants you to upload the supporting documents of your application. When you are finished, click the submit button and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Belgium do not need a Canada visa, but a Canada ETA is a must if you travel by air. The document you are sent keeps its validity for 5 years, or until your passport expires, you can use it multiple times, and it allows you to stay in Canada for up to 6 months per entry.