As a Croatian citizen, you are not required to obtain a visa if you wish to travel to Canada for short stays. That is because the citizens of Croatia are exempt from getting a Canada visa. Instead, if you travel by air, you must apply for a Canada ETA. The electronic travel authorization is available online, and iVisa can help you acquire it.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Croatia – requirements
Before you do anything else, you need to make sure that you have everything necessary to apply for a Canada ETA. Fortunately, you do not need much. Only the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy. Most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Croatia – the online application form
As you can imagine, you cannot obtain a Canada ETA unless you fill in an application form. However, you should not experience any difficulties completing that particular task. But if you do, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
iVisa split the form into three steps for your convenience. The first step focuses on personal information, passport info, and details concerning your trip. You also have to opt for a processing time option for your application, an action which determines how much money you spend on your Canada ETA. As to that, you are given three choices:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
The second step should only take you about 5 minutes. All that you have to do is to make the payment using one of the methods mentioned above and review your form to make sure it does not contain inaccuracies. The third step requires you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are done, click on the submit button, and iVisa will process your request in the agreed timeframe.
The bottom line is that while the citizens of Croatia do not need a Canada visa per se, you still have to apply for a Canada ETA when you travel by air. The ETA is valid for 5 years, it can be used to go to Canada as many times as you like. Also, you can stay there for as long as 6 months per entry.