Cypriot citizens, just like the rest of European Union nationals, are not required to get a visa for Canada if they plan a trip for tourism purposes. However, you still need to apply for a Canada ETA. Fortunately, the electronic authorization is available online and iVisa can help you get it in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Cyprus – requirements
The requirements for a Canada ETA for the citizens of Cyprus are the same as for every other eligible nationality. You do not have to worry about their extent because they are easy to fulfill. Here is what you will need for the online application process:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Cyprus – the online application form
Once you have everything that is required, you can go ahead and fill in the application. Keep in mind that iVisa’s customer support just in case you need some help or have some questions regarding the process. The service is at your disposal non-stop, and it is entirely free of charge.
What you will notice when you access the application page is that the form created by iVisa consists of three steps. The first one requires you to provide your personal information, some details about your trip, as well as passport information. This is also the moment when you have to select a processing time for your application, something which determines the cost of your Canada ETA. You can choose from the following options:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third wants you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are finished, click on the submit button and iVisa will deliver the ETA in the timeframe of your choosing.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Cyprus do not need a Canada visa. However, you do need to apply for a Canada ETA if you travel by air. The electronic authorization is valid for 5 years since issue or until your passport expires if that happens first. You can use it for multiple entries, and you cannot stay in Canada for more than 180 days per entry.