As stated by Canada’s visa policy, the citizens of European Union countries are exempt from getting a Canada visa if they travel there for short stays. The citizens of Estonia make no exception, which means that you can avoid a trip to the embassy. However, if you travel by air, you must obtain a Canada ETA before your departure. Fortunately, iVisa can help you get that in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Estonia – requirements
What you need to do first is to make sure that you can put together everything necessary for the online application process. You will need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Estonia – the online application form
Now that you know what you are required to have at hand, we will let you know what to expect when you fill in the application form. But before we do that, you should be aware of the fact that iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge if you need some help or have some questions about the application process.
The form created by iVisa is broken down into three easy steps. The first one covers the basics like personal information, travel details, and passport info, but you also have to choose a processing time option for your application. Keep in mind that your choice affects the cost of your Canada ETA. iVisa came up with three choices:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
The second step asks that you cover the payment, but you also have to carefully review your form to make sure that there are no mistakes in it. It is crucial that all the information you provide during the application process is 100% accurate.
The third and last step requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After you do that, all that is left for you to do is to submit your request and iVisa will take things further. But your effort ends there.
What you must understand is that while the citizens of Estonia do not need a Canada visa per se, you still have to apply for a Canada ETA if you travel by air. The travel authorization maintains its validity for 5 years since issue or until your passport expires. Whichever comes first. You can use it for multiple entries, and you can stay in Canada for up to 6 months per entry.