Finnish citizens, like many other nationalities, are not required to get a visa when they travel to Canada for short visits. That is because the citizens of Finland are visa-exempt. However, if you plan to go to Canada by air, you must apply for a Canada ETA. The travel authorization can be acquired online with the help of iVisa.
Do you want to learn more about this ETA? We invite you to keep reading this article.
Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs
If I'm from Finland, do I need a visa to enter Canada?
No, you don't need a visa to travel to Finland. What you must get is an ETA, which is an authorization to visit this country, this is not a visa since it's much simpler to get.
What is an ETA?
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is an electronic system that permits certain travelers to enter Canada without having a visa.
How Long Can Finland Citizens Stay in Canada?
As long as you get your Canadian ETA, you can stay there for 180 days Per Entry.
What are the requirements for Germans?
- A Valid Passport – Every traveler who wants to get a Canada ETA must be passport holder. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiration date because it needs to be valid for at least 6 months from the arrival date in Canada.
- E-mail address– while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will obtain a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. It's recommended to print one physical copy out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application, you will be asked to make the payment. iVisa is very versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal is also a valid method of payment.
What are the prices and times to receive my ETA?
iVisa provides you three choices so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs to get your ETA. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and also the cheapest option you are getting by iVisa. Your application is ready in 24 hours, you'll only pay USD 19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a better option, then you should choose this one. Your Canada ETA is ready in 4 hours since your request is ready, and the total price is USD 49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest alternative at hand, it is also the most expensive. You will be charged USD 69.50, but your application is ready within only 30 minutes.
How is the online application form?
The next thing to do is to fill in the application form. This task takes about 20 minutes to complete, but if you need some help, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is at your disposal non-stop, and it is free of charge.
The form you are given to complete is split into three steps.
The first step asks you to offer some general information, and you are also required to select a processing time option for your application. That determines the amount of time in which your request is processed.
The second step consists of payment and revision, both of which should be treated with a lot of attention.
The last step requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After you finish all three steps, hit the submit button and iVisa will offer you the ETA in the timeframe you agreed on.
What you need to remember is that Finnish citizens who travel to Canada for short stays do not have to go to the embassy to get a Canada visa. Nevertheless, a Canada ETA is necessary. The authorization keeps its validity for 5 years after issued or until passport expires.
How many entries am I allowed to have?
You obtain Multiple Entry.
What should I do if I travel with my children?
Every child under 18 must travel with appropriate documents and meet the same entry requirements as an adult passenger. Contact us to get more information about requirements for children.
How soon should I apply for an ESTA?
You can apply anytime you want before traveling to Canada, but it's strongly recommended to do it when you feel sure about entering this country.
Does the Canadian ETA guarantee that I can enter Canada?
We always remark that the Canada ETA doesn't give you the automated entry to Canada since it always depends on the Immigration checkpoint.
Remember that upon arrival you will be inspected by an Immigration officer who will determine that you are admissible to Canada.
How does the ETA look like?
Where can I find more information about the Canadian ETA?
You can click here to easily apply for the ETA using iVisa. In case you still have questions or concerns during the application process, then you can contact us and we'll be more than happy to assist you. There's also more valuable info about this document in this link.
Our commitment is to make the travel document process easier for you, and that's reflected in our reviews. We are proud of the service we offer and strive to provide an excellent experience for every traveler.
Look around our website if you're still not convinced – you'll surely find something valuable to rely on.
Yixi (Sophia) Li is the co-author of this article. She is a licensed immigration consultant (RCIC) who has been working with an immigration law firm since 2016. She is also a licensed paralegal in Ontario and a notary public. She has a Masters of Law. In 2018, she founded Mainstay Immigration Law Firm and Yixi Li Legal Firm.