Finnish citizens, like many other nationalities, are not required to get a visa when they travel to Canada for short visits. That is because the citizens of Finland are visa exempt. However, if you plan to go to Canada by air, you must apply for a Canada ETA. The travel authorization can be acquired online with the help of iVisa.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Finland – requirements
One of the first things you must do is to put together some documents and information necessary for the online application process. iVisa will not ask for much. Only for the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Finland – the online application form
After you manage to gather all of the above, you can go ahead and handle the application form. But first, you should know that iVisa’s customer support can be reached non-stop via online chat or phone should you need a little help. The service does not charge.
The application form designed by iVisa has three steps and should take you about 20 minutes to complete. The first step wants your personal information, passport number, and a few details about your trip. You also have to make a choice as far as the processing time is concerned. As to that, keep in mind that the decision you make determines the cost of your Canada ETA. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
Reaching the second step, you must cover the payment using one of the means mentioned above, but you also have to go over your form to make sure all the provided information is 100% correct. Otherwise, you will receive an invalid ETA.
The third step is the moment when iVisa asks you to upload the supporting documents of your application. When you are through with that as well, you can submit your request and iVisa will deliver the travel authorization in the timeframe of your choosing.
So, while the citizens of Finland do not need a Canada visa per se, you still have to apply for a Canada ETA if you travel by air. The document is valid for 5 years since the date of issue, you can use it for multiple entries, and you are allowed to stay in Canada for up to 6 months per visit.