According to Canada’s visa policy, 54 nationalities are exempt from getting a visa when they travel to Canada. The citizens of Germany are among them. Consequently, you are not required to go to the nearest Canadian embassy to apply for a travel document. Instead, you have to apply online for a Canada ETA, and iVisa can help you get this document.
Do you want to learn how to properly receive this ETA? We invite you to keep reading this article.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If I'm from Germany, do I need a visa to enter Canada?
You don't need a visa itself, what you must have is an ETA, which is an authorization to travel into the country, but doesn't work as a visa since it's much easier to get this one.
What is an ETA for German Citizens?
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is an automated system that offers permission to certain travelers to enter Canada without having a visa.
How Long Can German Citizens Stay in Canada?
As long as you have your Canadian ETA, you can stay in Canada for 180 days Per Entry.
What are the requirements for Germans?
The first thing you have to do before you access the application page to fill in the form is to make sure that you are able to meet all the requirements. However, you should have an easy time doing that since none of them are demanding. Here is what you need:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address– while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal is also a valid method of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
What are the prices and times to receive my ETA?
iVisa gives you three choices so that you can opt for the one that best suits your needs to receive your ETA. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are receiving by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay USD 19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 4 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is USD 49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged USD 69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
How much time do I need to apply?
You just need 20 or 15 minutes to complete the application form.
How is the online application form for Germans?
The next thing on your to-do list would be to fill in the application form. Generally, this task takes people about 20 minutes to complete, but if you need some help along the way, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is at your disposal non-stop, and it is entirely free of charge.
The form you are given to complete is split into three steps.
Step one requires some general information about yourself and your trip, but you are also asked to select a processing time option for your application. That determines the amount of time in which your request is processed, as well as the cost of your Canada ETA.
Step number two consists of payment and revision, both of which should be treated with maximum attention.
While the third step requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After you finish all three steps, hit the submit button and iVisa will send you your ETA in the timeframe you agreed on.
What you need to remember is that German citizens who travel to Canada for short stays do not need to go to the embassy to get a Canada visa. But a Canada ETA, on the other hand, is necessary. The authorization keeps its validity for 5 years after issued or until passport expires since the date of issue, the period in which you can travel to Canada as many times as you want.
How many entries am I allowed to have?
You can have a Multiple Entry ETA. In other words, you can enter a lot of times to this country.
What should I do if I travel with kids?
Consider that children under 18 must travel with appropriate documents and meet the same entry requirements as any adult passenger. Contact us for more information about requirements for children.
How soon should I apply for an ESTA?
As you've seen before, you can apply whenever you want before traveling to the US, but it's recommended to do it when you feel sure about entering this country.
Does the Canadian ETA guarantee that I can enter Canada?
We emphasize that the Canada ETA doesn't necessarily give you the automated authorization to Canada since it always depends on the Immigration checkpoint. If your ETA is approved, it means that you are eligible to travel to Canada, but it doesn't mean that you are admissible to enter the country at once.
Remember that once you arrive you will be inspected by an Immigration officer who will determine that you are admissible to Canada.
Do I have to apply for an ETA each time I travel to Canada?
You don't have to, the Canadian ETA is valid for 5 years after issued or until the passport expires. You can visit Canada as many times as you wish as long as the ETA is valid.
How does this ETA look like?
Where can I find more information about the Canadian ETA for Germans?
German citizens can click here to easily apply for the ETA using iVisa. But if you still have any questions or concerns during the application process, then you can contact us and we'll be more than happy to assist you. There's also more valuable info about this document in this link.
Our commitment is to make the travel document process easier for you, and that's reflected in our reviews. We are proud of the service we offer and strive to provide an excellent experience for every traveler.
However, It's not enough with one word, so it is better to rely on some Websites related to this topic. One of the sites you will come across is Trustpilot – where we have over 19,000 customers who provided great feedback on our services and keep iVisa rated in the “excellent” category.
Look around our website if you're still not convinced – you'll surely find something valuable to rely on.