According to Canada’s visa policy, 54 nationalities are exempt from getting a visa when they travel to Canada. The citizens of Germany are among them. Consequently, you are not required to go to the nearest Canadian embassy to apply for a travel document. Instead, you have to apply online for a Canada ETA, and iVisa can help you get it in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Germany – the requirements
The first thing you have to do before you access the application page to fill in the form is to make sure that you are able to meet all the requirements. However, you should have an easy time doing that since none of them are demanding. Here is what you need:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Germany – the online application form
The next thing on your to-do list would be to fill in the application form. Generally, this task takes people about 20 minutes to complete, but if you need some help along the way, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is at your disposal non-stop, and it is entirely free of charge.
The form you are given to complete is split into three steps. Step one wants some general information about yourself and your trip, but you are also asked to select a processing time option for your application. That determines the amount of time in which your request is processed, as well as the cost of your Canada ETA. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can opt for the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
Step number two consists of payment and revision, both of which should be treated with maximum attention, while the third step requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After you finish all three steps, hit the submit button and iVisa will send you your ETA in the timeframe you agreed on.
What you need to remember is that German citizens who travel to Canada for short stays do not need to go to the embassy to get a Canada visa. But a Canada ETA, on the other hand, is necessary. The authorization keeps its validity for 5 years since the date of issue, period in which you can travel to Canada as many times as you want. You are allowed to stay up to 6 times per entry.