As stated by the visa policy of Canada, Greek citizens are not required to apply for a visa when traveling to Canada. However, while you may be visa-exempt, you do need to acquire a Canada ETA if you plan to go there by air. Lucky for you, the electronic travel authorization is available online, and iVisa can help you obtain it in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Greece – requirements
What you need to do before accessing the application page is to put together a few pieces of information and documents that are necessary for the online process. The list is short and contains the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Greece – the online application form
Just to know what to expect when you fill in the form, we will describe the process step by step. But before we do that, we would like for you to know that iVisa’s customer support is available non-stop and free of charge in case you need some help along the way.
The form you will find on the application page contains three easy steps. The first one requires you to provide general information about yourself and your trip, and you also have to opt for a processing time for your application. Just remember that the choice you make determines the cost of your Canada ETA. iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third focuses on supporting documents. iVisa will give you instructions on what and how to upload. As soon as that is over, you can submit your request and iVisa will deliver the travel document in the timeframe of your choosing.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Greece do not need a Canada visa per se, but you are required to get a Canada ETA before departure. The document you receive is valid for 5 years since issue or until your passport expires if that comes first. You can travel to Canada as many times as you want during that 5-year period, and you can stay in the country for up to 6 months each time you visit.