Hungarian citizens who plan a trip to Canada are not required to obtain a visa because they are exempt. As a result, you do not have to pay a visit to the nearest Canadian embassy. However, if you travel by air, you must acquire a Canada ETA, but this travel document can be obtained online. With iVisa, you can have it in as little as 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Hungary – requirements
What you should do before you access the application page is to make sure that you have all that is necessary for the online application process. Fortunately, iVisa does not ask for much. You only need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Hungary – the online application form
As soon as you put together everything you need, you are ready to fill in the form. But before you do that, we would like to let you know that iVisa’s customer support is available non-stop should you need some help during the process. The service does not charge.
iVisa’s form is broken down into three steps. The first one wants you to fill in the blanks with personal information, travel details, and passport info, but you also have to choose a processing time option for your application. Bear in mind that the cost of your Canada ETA is established by the choice you make. You can select one of the following:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
The second step wants you to handle the payment, but you also have to go over your form to review it. It is essential that you make sure all the information provided is 100% accurate. Check the spelling too. Otherwise, you can end up with an invalid travel authorization, which makes you repeat the process for a new ETA.
The third step requires you to upload the supporting documents of your application. As soon as you finish doing that, you can hit the submit button and your request is on its way for processing. iVisa will take care of that.
As you can see, the citizens of Hungary do not need a Canada visa, but you do need to get a Canada ETA before your departure. The document iVisa sends you is valid for 5 years since issue or until your passport expires, depending on which one expires first. During that time, you can travel to Canada as many times as you need and you can stay there for up to 6 months per entry.