iVisa | Updated on Feb 04, 2020

Hungarian citizens who plan a trip to Canada are not required to apply for a consular visa because they are exempt. As a result, you do not have to pay a visit to the nearest Canadian embassy.

However, if you travel by air, you must acquire a Canada ETA, but this travel document can be obtained online. With iVisa, you can have it in a few minutes, and in this article, we will show you how.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

If I'm from Hungary, do I need a visa to travel to Canada?

You don't have to apply for a visa itself, What you need is an ETA, which is a document that allows you to travel into the country, but doesn't work as a visa since it's much simpler to get this one.

What is an ETA for Hungarian Citizens?

The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is an special system that gives legal permission to certain travelers to enter Canada. These countries must be visa-exempt.

How Long Can Hungarian Citizens Stay in Canada?

While you have your Canadian ETA, you can stay in Canada for 180 days Per Entry.

What are the requirements for the citizens of Hungary?

What you should do before you access the application page is to make sure that you have all that is necessary for the online application process. Fortunately, iVisa does not ask for much. You only need the following:

  • Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA if you are not a passport holder. But that's not all. The travel document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the time you arrive in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for it.
  • E-mail address – you need to provide to iVisa a valid e-mail because the ETA confirmation is sent through this. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out.
  • Means of payment – The online application process requires that you make the payment online. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal.

How long is the ETA valid for?

You can use this document anytime soon 5 years after issued or until passport expires.

What are the prices and times?

You have three choices with iVisa, so that you can opt for the one that best suits your needs according to how soon you want your visa. They are as follows:

  • Standard processing – With this option you have your application form done in 1 Business Day, and you have to pay USD 19.50.
  • Rush processing – if you are looking for a quicker option, then you should prefer this one. Your Canada ETA is ready in 0 minutes since your request is submitted, and the cost is USD 49.50.
  • Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you have, but it is the most expensive too. You are charged USD 69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.

How much time do I need to apply?

With just 20 or 30 minutes, you're ready with the application form.

How can I apply for the ETA?

As soon as you put together everything you need, you are ready to fill in the form. But before you do that, we would like to let you know that iVisa’s customer support is available non-stop should you need some help during the process. The service does not charge.

iVisa’s form is broken down into three steps:

  1. The first one wants you to fill in the blanks with personal information, travel details, and passport info, but you also have to choose a processing time option for your application. Bear in mind that the cost of your Canada ETA is established by the choice you make.

  2. The second step wants you to handle the payment, but you also have to go over your form to review it. It is essential that you make sure all the information provided is 100% accurate. Check the spelling too. Otherwise, you can end up with an invalid travel authorization, which makes you repeat the process for a new ETA.

  3. The third step requires you to upload the supporting documents of your application. As soon as you finish doing that, you can hit the submit button and your request is on its way for processing. iVisa will take care of that.

As you can see, the citizens of Hungary do not need a Canada visa, but you do need to get a Canada ETA before your departure.

How many times can I enter Canada?

You're able to have Multiple Entry while you have valid your ETA.

Do I need an ETA for my children?

If you have sons or daughters under 18, then they just must travel with appropriate documents and meet the same entry requirements as an adult passenger. Contact us for more information about requirements for children.

Does the Canadian ETA guarantee that I can enter Canada?

In iVisa we always remark that the Canada ETA doesn't necessarily give you the automated authorization to Canada since it always depends on what the Immigration checkpoint decides. If your ETA is approved, it means that you are eligible to travel to Canada, but it doesn't ensure that you are admissible to enter the country at once.

Once you arrive, keep in mind that you will be inspected by an Immigration officer who will determine that you are admissible to Canada.

Do I have to apply for an ETA every time I travel to Canada?

No, since the Canadian ETA is valid for 5 years. You can visit Canada as many times as you wish as long as the ETA is valid.

How does the Canadian ETA look like?

Fill me in

Where can I find more information about the Canadian ETA for Hungarians?

Hungary citizens can click here to just apply for the ETA using iVisa. But if you still have any doubts or concerns during the application process, then you can contact us and we'll be more than glad to assist you. There's also more info about this electronic document in this link.

Our pilar is to make the travel document process simpler for you, and that's reflected in our reviews. We are proud of the service we offer and strive to provide an excellent experience for every traveler around the Globe.

Look around our website if you're not convinced – you'll surely find something valuable to rely on!

Share this article on:
Need Help?