As an Italian citizen, you do not have to get a visa if you plan a trip to Canada. Instead, if you travel by air, you are required to get a Canada ETA before you board a flight. Lucky for you, the electronic travel authorization is obtainable online, and with the help of iVisa’s service, you can have it in a few minutes.
Do you want to know how to properly get this document? Then keep reading this article.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If I'm from Italy, do I need a visa if I want to travel to Canada?
Actually, you don't have to apply for a visa per sé, What you require is an ETA, which is an important document that allows you to enter into the country, but doesn't work the same as a visa since it's much simpler to get this one.
What is an ETA for Italian Citizens?
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is an electronic special system that offers legal permission to certain travelers to enter Canada. These countries must be visa-exempt.
How Long Can Italian Citizens Stay in Canada?
While you have your Canadian ETA, you can remain in Canada just for 180 days Per Entry.
What are the requirements?
Before you go ahead and fill in a form, you have to take care of the requirements. Fortunately, that should not be an issue because you may already have what you need for the application process. Here is what you must put together:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA if you don't have a passport. Theis travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival you'll have in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal. Just select the most comfortable for you.
How long is the ETA valid for?
This document expires 5 years after issued or until passport expires.
What are the prices and times?
With iVisa, you can select one of the following choices according to how fast you need to have this document:
- Standard processing – Selecting this alternative you have your application form done in 24 hours, and you'll just have to pay USD 19.50.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should select this one. Your Canada ETA is ready to be used in 4 hours since your request is submitted, and the total price is USD 49.50.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option iVisa offers, but it is the most expensive too. You are charged USD 69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
How much time do I need to apply?
You'll just need at least 20 minutes to complete the application form.
How is the application form?
As soon as you make sure that you meet all the requirements, you can proceed to fill in the application form. But before you do that, you should know that if you need assistance or have some questions regarding the process, you can contact iVisa’ customer support. The service is at your disposal via online chat or phone 24/7, and it is entirely free of charge.
iVisa’s form is made of three simple steps:
The first one is simply to offer your personal information like passport info, and some details about your trip. You also have to choose a processing time for your application, an action which affects the cost of your Canada ETA. i
When you get to the second step, all you have to do is cover the payment and review your form. You must ensure that the information provided is 100% accurate.
The third and last step requires you to upload the documents that support your request. After you do that, you are free to submit your application, and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Italy do not need a Canada visa per se when they travel to Canada for short stays. But the Canada ETA is necessary. The travel authorization is valid for 5 years since issue, it grants multiple entries and you can stay in Canada for no more than 180 days per visit.
How many times can I enter Canada?
As we already mentioned above, you'll have a Multiple Entry while you have valid your ETA.
Do I need an ETA for my kids too?
In case your kids are less than 18 years old, then they just must travel with appropriate documents and meet the same entry requirements as adults. Contact us for more information about requirements for children.
Does the Canadian ETA guarantee that I can enter this country?
We alwyas emphasize that the Canada ETA doesn't always give you the automated authorization to Canada since it depends on what the Immigration checkpoint decides. If your ETA is approved, it means that you are eligible to travel to this Northamerican country, but it doesn't ensure that you are admissible to enter Canada at once.
Once you arrive, consider that you will be inspected by an Immigration officer who will determine that you are admissible to Canada.
Do I have to apply for an ETA every time I travel to Canada?
No at all, remember that your document is valid for more than 3 years. You can visit Canada as many times as you wish as long as the ETA is valid.
How does the Canadian ETA look like?
Where can I find more information about the Canadian ETA for Italian Citizens?
Italian citizens can click here to just apply for this ETA using iVisa's services. But if you still have any questions or concerns during the application process, then you can contact us and we'll be more than happy to help you. There's also more info about this electronic document in this link.
Our aim is to ensure that the travel document process is simpler for you, and that's reflected in our reviews. We are proud of the services we always offer and strive to provide an excellent experience for every traveler around the Globe.
Look around our website if you're not convinced – you'll surely find something trustful to rely on!