As an Italian citizen, you do not have to get a visa if you plan a trip to Canada. Instead, if you travel by air, you are required to obtain a Canada ETA before you board a flight. Lucky for you, the electronic travel authorization is obtainable online, and with the help of iVisa’s service, you can have it in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Italy – requirements
Before you go ahead and fill in a form, you need to take care of the requirements. Fortunately, that should not be an issue because you may already have what you need for the application process. Here is what you must put together:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Italy – the online application form
As soon as you make sure that you meet all the requirements, you can proceed to fill in the application form. But before you do that, you should know that if you need assistance or have some questions regarding the process, you can contact iVisa’ customer support. The service is at your disposal via online chat or phone 24/7, and it is entirely free of charge.
iVisa’s form is made of three simple steps. The first one asks for your personal information, passport info, and some details about your trip. You also have to choose a processing time for your application, an action which affects the cost of your Canada ETA. iVisa came up with three options:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
When you get to the second step, all you have to do is cover the payment and review your form. You must ensure that the information provided is 100% accurate. The third and last step requires you to upload the documents that support your request. After you do that, you are free to submit your application, and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Italy do not need a Canada visa per se when they travel to Canada for short stays. But the Canada ETA is necessary. The travel authorization is valid for 5 years since issue, it grants multiple entries and you can stay in Canada for no more than 180 days per visit.