As a Japanese citizen, when you travel to Canada for a short stay, you are exempt from getting a Canada visa. However, if you plan to go there by air, you are required to apply for a Canada ETA before you leave. The electronic authorization can be purchased online, and with iVisa, it can be yours in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Japan – the requirements
As you can imagine, before you start the online application process, you need to make sure that you meet all the requirements. Fortunately, there is nothing on that list that would be challenging to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Japan – the online application form
After you gather everything that you need, you can start the application process. You are required to fill in an application form, something that should take about 20 minutes of your time. However, if you are experiencing difficulties, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached 24/7 and is free of charge.
The form you have to fill in consists of three steps. The first one asks for your personal information, some details regarding your trip, and passport info. You are also required to choose a processing time for your application, a factor that establishes the timeframe in which your Canada ETA is ready and its cost. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
Once you are finished with step one, you can move on to the second. At this point, you are expected to make the payment and go through your form searching for possible mistakes. If you find any, correct them and then check again. It is crucial that the information you provide is 100% accurate.
The third step is the point at which iVisa asks that you deliver your application’s supporting documents. You have to upload them. When you are finished, submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
What is important to remember is that as a citizen of Japan, you are not required to apply for a Canada visa is your stay is short. Nevertheless, you have to get a Canada ETA. The document is valid for 5 years since issue, it grants multiple entries and it allows you to stay in Canada for no more than 6 months per entry.