As a Japanese citizen, when you travel to Canada for a short stay, you are exempt from getting a Canada Visa. However, if you plan to go there by air, you are required to apply for a Canada ETA before you leave. The electronic authorization can be purchased online, and with iVisa, it can be yours in just 30 minutes.
Learn how to apply for this online document with the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs
If I'm from Japan, do I need a visa if I want to visit Canada?
You don't have to apply for a visa if you want to visit Canada for a short amount of time. Nevertheless, you still need a document to enter the country, and that's the Canadian ETA. This authorization doesn't work the same as a visa since it's much easier to get it.
What is an ETA for Japanese Citizens?
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is an authorization that allows you to enter Canada. The countries that can apply for it must be visa-exempt.
How Long Can Japanese Citizens Stay in Canada?
If you get your Canadian ETA, you can stay in Canada 180 days Per Entry.
What are the requirements for this eVisa?
As you can guess, before you start the online application process, you need to make sure that you meet all the requirements. Fortunately, there is nothing on that list that would be challenging to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA if you aren't a passport holder. This document needs to maintain its validity for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so ensure to verify your passport’s expiration date before you apply for the ETA.
- E-mail address – you have to provide a valid e-mail address to receive the ETA in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you don't have to print a physical copy, it's recommended to print one out.
- Payment options – Since the application is made entirely online, then the payment must be online as well. That's why you need to have a valid payment method. iVisa accepts credit/debit cards, but you can also use a PayPal account. Just select the most comfortable for you.
How long is the ETA valid for?
Your ETA expires 5 years after issued or until passport expires.
What are the processing times and fees?
With iVisa, you can choose one of the following alternatives according to how soon you need this document:
- Standard processing – By choosing this alternative your online form is ready in 24 hours, and you'll have to pay USD 19.50.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster alternative, then you should pick this one. Your Canada ETA is ready in 4 hours and the total price is USD 49.50.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option, but it is the most expensive as well. You are charged USD 69.50, but your application is ready in only 30 minutes.
How much time do I need to apply?
You'll need at least 20 minutes to complete the online form.
How can I apply?
After you gather everything that you need, you can start the application process. You are required to fill in an application form, something that should take about 20 minutes of your time. However, if you are experiencing difficulties, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached 24/7 and is free of charge.
The form you have to fill in consists of three steps:
The first one asks for your personal information, some details regarding your trip, and the passport info. You are also required to choose a processing time for your application, a factor that establishes the timeframe in which your Canada ETA is ready.
Once you are finished with step one, you can move on to the second step. At this point, you are expected to make the payment and go through your form searching for possible mistakes. If you find any, correct them and then check again. It is crucial that the information you offer is 100% accurate.
The third step asks you to deliver your application’s supporting documents. You have to upload them. When you complete this, submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
How many times can I enter Canada?
You'll have Multiple Entry while your ETA is valid.
Do I need an ETA for my children as well?
If your children are less than 18 years old, then they just must travel with the proper documents and meet the same entry requirements as adults. Contact us if you want to get more information about the requirements for children.
Does the Canadian ETA guarantee that I can enter this country?
We strongly emphasize that the Canadian ETA doesn't always offer you the automated entry to Canada since it depends on what the Immigration checkpoint decides. If your ETA is approved, it means that you are eligible to travel to this country, but it doesn't ensure that you are admissible to enter Canada.
Upon arrival, you will be inspected by an Immigration officer who will determine that you are admissible to Canada.
How does the Canadian ETA look like?
Where can I find more information about the Canadian ETA?
You can click here to apply for this ETA using iVisa's services. But if you still have doubts or concerns while filling in the application process, then you can contact us and we'll be more than glad to help you. There's also more info about this eVisa in this link.
Don't lose the chance to know Canada! This big country is waiting for you!